Sofitel Jeddah Corniche
  • Pool
$223
$108
Priceline
All reviewsle voyageurastro loungelooking forward to my nextmacaroonsbathroom fittingsconstruction workcharming hotelsea viewconcierge teamladies spajeddah cornishpoint of viewfront office managerred sea mallupon checkshrimpspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I have previously enjoyed staying in Sheraton Hotels in different countries such as Egypt which were a far higher standard of customer service, facilities and food.
On the morning after our arrival there was no water to shower until after midday, and we were not offered to move to another room where water was available.
We were given room number 1904, although there was a sea view, overall, we did not feel that the room was up to the standard expected – the TV was in the dressing table, and the room was not set up properly in order to use the TV in comfort.
The location of breakfast was not explained to guests, which meant that we ate in an area that was reserved and consequently had to pay an additional charge of SR126.50 for an expensive meal in Le Japonais instead of the meal that we had paid for in advance.
When we eventually found the breakfast, (which was in an inconvenient location in a different building) it was of a very poor standard – there were only pastries, which were apparently not fresh, guests were not free to select their own food, tea and coffee were also not readily offered except when guests requested from staff. This did not represent good value for money.
I am feeling very unhappy that having chosen to spend my break in Westin with the expectation of nothing less than excellent food and service, facilities and standard of care for guests, my experience did not live up to the good reputation of Westin hotels.
I would not recommend Westin Hotels again to friends or colleagues. I feel I should bring this to your attention in order to encourage an improvement of quality in future, I hope to receive a prompt and positive response from you.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2010

One needs a car for travelling around Jeddah efficiently so even though the location of the Hotel was great, right on a nicer part of the Corniche, there wasn't much around the Hotel. The hotel feels a bit dated in the lobby but the rooms were well appointed. Unfortunately my room did not have a view ...overlooking a construction site next door. One word of warning for smokers, the hotel does not have a balcony and ventilation in the room is very poor. Breakfast on the 12th floor afforded a great view up and down the coast line and watching the sun set over the Red Sea from the mezzanine floor made up for the hotel shortcomings.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Reception staff hardly smiles or greet their guests. It took them two hours to arrange for my room which is booked and confirmed two weeks ahead of time. I arrived at 4:00 PM Friday; my room was available at 6:00m PM. I booked a sea view room and it was too late to enjoy the view.
This is my second time to stay in the hotel and in both times the carpet in the rooms were not clean “ cigarette burns “

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2010

There are a too much negative reviews about this hotel, that's why I (German nationality) like to contribute with a different preception of my experience. I just mention in brief items and issues which are of importance to me. I am business traveller and know some other citiies and hotels in KSA for quite some years!
+ remember this is a category 4 hotel of starwood hotels out of 7. Taking this into consideration, the hotel is worth the money
+ in general, the interior design of the hotel gives somehow a luxury impression typical for the region
+ Service of staff: helpful, ok, responds quickly (if you treat them accordingly and not like an army officer)
+ Room service: prompt!
+ Location: I like it because I have to walk or run outside every day and not on a treadmill, one can do it at the Corniche in front of the hotel, minus: the cars on the Corniche, but I know very few places in SA where you have no cars in the city
+ Room, bright with a large window (important for me), clean, well designed and resonably furnished, air conditioned and not as you can read several times in these reviews; well, if you are a strict non-smoker like me, you have to argue sometimes to get a non-smoker room in particular if the hotel is fully booked (by the way, same problem as in most of the **** hotels which I know)
Others
* Breakfast buffet is ok
+ Reasonable prices for room service
- Wireless Internet only against a fee (100 SR) which I consider too high.
Some people complain about an old type TV. What's the matter? For me the content of the TV is more important. Here I miss a sport channel with more interesting international events than past football games
All in all, this hotel is a god deal!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

I have stayed in the hotel another of times since it first opening. Over the years the lack of maintenance is beginning to show. However, the hotel is quite and you do get a decent night's sleep.

The current staff seem to be friendly but are very slow. Food is reasonable. Obtaining Internet is a pain as you have to get a code from the front desk which takes a long time.

The Executive lounge is mediocre.

Overall, its an average hotel which has seen better days.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo