“Class Act -”

Ranked #6 of 160 Hotels in Jeddah
Sasolburg, South Africa
“Class Act -”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Saying in the Rosewood Jeddah on the Corniche road in Jeddah is an experience I am gad I can report on.

On arrival I was treated very professionally and friendly by the check in staff. Everything was very well done, the staff was professional, the location Ideal, the view over the red sea magnificent and furniture in very good taste. My reservation was made by my company for an executive room, when it was discovered that it was my first visit to the Rosewood I was upgraded to a rosewood suite!!!

The rosewood suite is really worth a mention. It stretched a full 25 meters around the outer perimeter of this circular building and I could see the coastline from way up north all the way to the far south. The sunset to the west was amazing.

The Gym is on the top floor and is well equipped with all the necessary equipment needed for a business man on travel. There are also massages available and the steam room and sauna worked very well.

The view from the top, where the pool is located is excellent, be reminded that there are no lifeguards on duty when you allow kids to swim there.

I did not make use of the dining facilities but the lobby coffee shop provides a good cup of coffee on order.

I will not complain about the nearby construction as this is happening EVERYWHERE in Jeddah.

I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Select a room with a sea view (West facing)
6 Thank Boschenvaal
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Rosewood Corniche, as your feedback is very essential for us to deliver best service consistently. We are glad that your first stay at the hotel was pleasant and you enjoyed our health club facilities too.

We will look forward to welcome you back and hope that you will experience our dining facilities on your next visit.

Saud Iqbal
Marketing Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

When I stayed at this hotel, there were maintenance works taking place and also works on a site just opposite which made the stay a bit noisier than what we wished for. Otherwise, service was impeccable an they tried their best.
They have an issue with the Japanese restaurant as the produce wasn't fresh and it could easily be one of the worst sushi experiences I have had.
They have another problem when you need to book transportation from the hotel. They're ridiculously expensive as it seems they are splitting the margins between the hotel and the service provider making it too expensive
Breakfast was good and a very pleasant gentleman by the name of Hassan was very welcoming and offered us mana'ish that were delicious

• Stayed May 2013
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

In terms of luxurious furniture. facilities, amenities, Rosewood is amazing! However, it really got major issues that shadowed most of this; That is why I stripped out 2 stars.

I have stayed with them three times for things that I have loved. I won't stay or recommended it anymore if they do not take actions.

Pros:
- Spacious beautiful rooms
- Rich Amenities.
- Smart control for lighting, curtains, temperature from a control panel on both sides of the bed.
- Amwaj Rooms have Jacuzzi and steam room with LCD.
- Location and view.

Major issues:

- Terrible sound isolation: This is really critical. You may hear your neighbors, the housekeeping and the street. When your room is close to the elevators, you may hear their inside tracks and rollers! The result is: didn't sleep well and was irritated during the day.

- Bed matrices are getting curved easily that they hurt my back and woke me up couple times.

- Housekeeping work 24 hours! you can hear them moving furniture above in the night while you are in bed.

- Poor attitude from some (not all of them) of the managers/receptionists: When you call them, It is like you are calling their homes; no welcoming, no apologies, no actions. They may say couple nice words which they got from their trainings I believe.

- Last time, I was downgraded (in the form of an upgrade). I was in Amwaj room and I was offered an executive room for the same price as a compensation for my last inconvenience:

- The room was smaller!
- It has no shower and steam room!
- The rooms is close the elevator that I could not sleep hearing the track and the rollers.
- The TV is too far away the bed; The remote control could not even reach. When you want to switch channels, you have to get out of the bed!
- I have asked to put me back in Amwaj but they told me there is no availability.

- A manager promised to move me to another room (more quiet) before he leaves his shift. But he did not. He just left his shift without putting a note!

- Compared to what you pay, the food buffet has relatively few options with average taste.

- External windows cleaners interrupted my sleep 7:30 a.m. you can hear them chatting and laughing even though they are outside of the building.

2 Thank Abdullah A
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed in Rosewood Jeddah for two nights and it was a pleasing experience. The hotel was amazing. Everything was perfect, staff, location, view and furniture. They are taking care even of tiny details. My reservation was upgraded by the hotel from executive room to a rosewood suite with nothing wrong in my booking.

I would recommend this hotel for any one visiting Jeddah and hopefully I can make it again

1 Thank AbuBayan
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mr. AbuBayan,

Thank you for your time for posting a review of Rosewood Corniche, as your feedback is very essential for us to deliver the quality service consistently.

We are thrilled to know that your stay at the hotel was pleasant and you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade to Rosewood Suite, which is one of the most beautiful and spacious suite in the hotel and it is overlooking to the Red sea.

We will look forward to welcoming you back at Rosewood Corniche and hope that this will be your first choice to stay in Jeddah.

Saud Iqbal
Beirut
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I can safely saybthat rosewood jeddah is one of the best hotels i stayed in.
It is so hard to find a great hotel, with super service, high quality F&B in saudi arabia.

From the moment we checked in, you can feel the friedliness of the staff, we were kindly upgraded to a biger room,with beautidul views of the corniche, huge space,
The staff are very professional and the serivce is great, everyone is smiling, after one night only, you feel like they all know you, and know what are your prefernces.

The food is excellent, the breakfast buffet is varried and yummi.
The bathrooms are amazing, the one we had had a jaccuzzi and a steam bath,
There are also kids friendly amenitites , and inhad a very smooth staybeing with 2 very small kids, i had everything ineeded, even a mini pink bath robe!

Il definitly return to rosewood, my only comment would be to add to the nesspresso machine, a water kettle and some tea bags for those who do not drink espressos.

Great hotel, and so good to find somewhere that good in jeddah!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear lynnouss,

Thank you for your time for posting a review of Rosewood Corniche, as your feedback is very much important for us to serve our guest better.

We are more than happy to read that your stay at the hotel was very much pleasant and you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade too. And the most important thing which made us happier is that our young guest also enjoyed our Rosebuds amenities which is kids friendly amenities including their individual bathrobe: D.

On your next visit we recommend you to try Friday Family Brunch, it is one of the most fun spots in Jeddah for young guests, where kids activities include a jumping castle, a clown, face painting, balloons and a special child-friendly buffet.

Regarding your tea bags and kettle request, I would like to request you to contact your butler in your next visit to arrange this for you in the room.

Saud M. Iqbal
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent location, large room with 180 degree sea view, attention to details , butler service, nice bathroom, Excellent Breakfast variety.

Team members were always professional & attentive in all departements specially F&B service.

On my departure day, I took a look on the Pool area on the hotel room and definitely is in a need to maintenance and as well as creating an atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you like sea view rooms take one on the upper floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saud I, Manager at Rosewood Jeddah, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Ashraf,

Thank you very much for choosing Rosewood Corniche for your favorable stay, your feedback is very essential for us to make things better. I am glad that you enjoy your stay and our team took care of you especially F&B department.

Your comments regarding the pool area has been noted and we will make sure that it will be discussed and action for improvement will be taken.

We look forward to welcome you back at Rosewood Corniche

Saud M. Iqbal
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 12th marriage anniversary and decided to spend a night at this nice hotel. The number one reason we chose Rosewood Corniche is its good reputation then its nice location. Overall, we enjoyed the stay specially the view and the quiet atmosphere despite being fully occupied. Dinning was ok with good options of Asian food (Chinese and Japanese) and one open buffet restaurant but we wished they had more choices. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing we didn't like is the shower in the toilet. When we turn on the heating it releases an unpleasant smell.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple