See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 24, 2015

I have never encountered a hotel where they asked me to pay for internet
In order to get customers they put in very very small letter at the end of the booking that internet is not included in the rate
It is a total RIP OFF

Room tip: An advise: choose any other hotel but not this one!!!
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank abdalou
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Jeddah Marriott Hotel.

in reference to the guest Satisfaction survey ,where the ratings and comments indicate your overall dissatisfaction of Internet charge ,I feel I should mention to you that, we are providing all the hotel guests with free Internet service in the hotel public areas, also there is free Wi-Fi Internet in the guests rooms if the guests rate include Internet services, addition to that we are providing all Marriott elite Members with free WI-Fi Internet when the Member booked his room through any of the Marriott channels, such as Marriott Website, calling the hotel directly, calling the tell free telephone or visiting the hotel as walk in, addition to that I double checked your booking preference and I have noticed your booking was through online travels agent and the rate you have selected was exclude the Internet services,

Reviewed December 24, 2015

Was on a business trip with no plans to stay overnight. Last minute decision - I called Marriott Jeddah having stayed there years ago. The operator/ Res staff were very friendly - helped me with my booking. Upon arrival the bell hop was on his cel phone, although I did not need assistance with luggage, but tried to get his attention he looked at me and continued with conversation.

Arrived reception - the staff were phenomenal - efficient, fast and friendly. Room service were accommodating, fast and very friendly, food was good. I thought it was a bit pricey - but few Riyals extra did not matter - I enjoyed the freshness of the room, amenities and service - besides the bell hop - the staff in the hotel is really what gives it the 5 star rating. I will absolutely go back again and soon. Thank you keep it up

Room tip: Get rooms on the higher floors
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2015 via mobile

Time stopped probably in the 80s for this hotel.
However, its a good option in Jeddah if the budget is important.
Clean, decent but obsolete. Location is a bit off the main area and access needs a detour.
A major refurbishment is necessary both in the rooms and the common areas.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2015 via mobile

Very busy area with an old Marriott, proposing good service and big rooms. I found fully not acceptable price for wifi in the room, like 60 riyals per hour or 100 per day...
Gym area is good and the buffet also not bad. Choice though is again limited , uneasy access to other restaurants out of the hotel because of too traffic . Obliged to take a taxi to reach any interesting area/.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey.

I appreciate your comments on the areas which we can improve upon Wi-Fi charges and the hotel looks very old need renovation. We working with our owner on a refurbishment and hope that this can be initiated by the first quarter of next year.

I appreciate your positive comments in recognizing the hotel GYM and staff services and hospitality. I have shared your rating and comments with the various team leaders and thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 19, 2015

The process of reinstalling yesterday's food on the buffet is always disquieting, but it was very much in evidence here. The swimming pool was 'under renovation', apparently had been for ages. The gym had no water. Lack of care was in abundant evidence everywhere. The food in the lobby was adequate but not excellent. Marriott needs to take this in hand.

Date of stay: October 2015
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey.

I appreciate your comments on the areas which we can improve upon The swimming pool was 'under renovation,The gym had no water due to the Lack of care,and the food in the lobby was adequate but not excellent We working with our owner on a refurbishment and hope that this can be initiated this year.