“Long Comeback”

Jeddah Marriott Hotel
Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It has been almost 8 years since I last stayed here. Not many changes at all, however I guess there are some renovations in the rooms.

I was given a suite, that has a very big and comfy bed. The living room has a sofa bed that is very hard to sit on. The air con was difficult to control, so the room was either toooooo cold or uncomfortably hot.

Food is of very good quality. The bathroom was OK.

Guess the place needs to feel more alive, but it is OK for short business stay the same feeling I had back in the old days.

1  Thank ElBob65

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Depressing run down hotel. 4 star at best. Not scary but that's about it. Dining awful, service incompetent and room old and depressing. If you find yourself in Jeddah and end up here you will be rather depressed. I usually stay at Park Hart Jeddah, just stay there.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ConstantTraveller4
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear sir,
I appreciate receiving your comments on the areas which we can improve . I have shared your comments with the various team leaders and thank you for your feedback, addition to that we are working with our owner on a refurbishment and hope that this can be initiated this year.
othman

Reviewed June 30, 2014

It seems that the Jeddah Marriott was renovated quite some time ago (if ever). The facilities, room décor, etc. were quite old.

Generally, the whole experience was "OK", but certainly very poor value for money. I will probably stay elsewhere during my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Jeddah Marriott Hotel. I am sorry to see that your overall experience with was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced .

othman

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The staff were excellent: attentive, personable, helpful. I was really impressed with them all. Buffet breakfast and lunch were both vast and varied; food was quite good. The room was clean and comfortable. The lobby is very large, with many comfortable locations to work or to meet with people. Business center is easy to find and use.

The hotel could use an update; the decor is a little tired. There is no wifi in the room, although there is wired internet for a fee. Not a good porte-cochere since it has been blocked off, apparently for security reasons.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Mr. David Miken,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Jeddah Marriott Hotel was enjoyable.

I do thank you for letting me know about the wonderful stay and it was interesting and everything was okay, Thanks again for the valuable feedback in recognizing the hotel staff hospitality, services , breakfast and lunch buffet and room cleanliness and the hotel lobby comfortably . I have shared your comments with the various team leaders and thank you for your feedback

I appreciate receiving your comments and note the concern for the hotel condition being old need major renovation . We are working with our owner on a refurbishment and hope that this can be initiated this year.

Othman

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I am torn about rating this hotel only average because there was nothing at all wrong with my stay (except for the cost of the breakfast buffet, which was way too high). But there was nothing that stands out, either. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable, the staff friendly (though they did not go out of their way, either), and the food adequate. The big drawback is the location. Technically it is not that far from things, but when you factor in the absurd Jeddah traffic, you spend a lot of time in the car. And that is if you're there for business, as I was. If you are there for a vacation, the location is awful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
KSAhotels, Manager at Jeddah Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Jeddah Marriott Hotel. I am sorry to see that your overall experience with was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may hav experienced .
I have shared your rating and comments with the various team leaders and thank you for your feedback
As a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Decent business class hotel. Good location, room service was good & a decent sized gym also. I didn't have a chance to try the pool but it did look very clean. I would definitely stay there again if I return to Jeddah.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location in the centre of the city near most of business offices but not the best location for holiday travelers .. clean rooms and friendly staff .. 24hrs gym .. Check in & out takes long sometimes but not recently as it seems they increased no. of receptionists or it's not the season .. They have to change the internet policy to offer a free access at least on lobby.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business