“Movenpick Hotel Jeddah is ideal for business travelers”

Movenpick Hotel Jeddah
Ranked #8 of 170 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I run my business during my 2 days trip to Jeddah perfectly while I am stay in - from my point of view - one of the best hotels in Jeddah. smooth check in and quick check out, transportation arrangement to the airport. I liked it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HassanAliDammam

Reviewed January 7, 2011

I visit Jeddah on a very regular basis for business and usually stays at the Movenpick Hotel on Maddina Road. While my stays were usually out of this world, my last visit was below expectations. While the room is always immaculate (although was not given my usual room, was instead given twin beds) and the staff members always pleasant, the Spice restaurant which is supposed to be Chinese cuisine was an true embarrassement: waitressing was appauling, we got our drinks way after starter was served, the Chinese dishes were everything but Chinese cuisine, the restaurant manager was not cooperative when we asked to split the bill 12 ways, lastly the restaurant was also made into some sort of office for the events' manager, which means you were seated amongst shelves with files and all sorts of things lying around (not really belonging to a restaurant) etc etc. Following this rather unpleasant evening, I had sent a client back to his hotel (Elaf Hotel) using the Movenpick Limousine service which I believed would have been reliable. My client called me the following morning to advise me that not only his chauffeur was 2 weeks new in Jeddah and did not know where to go and they were almost involved in a car accident! After writing to the hotel management to make them aware of the above, I have received a letter of apologies from management inviting me to dinner and offering me all kind of free services. I guess I will give Movenpick Hotel Jeddah another try! Will keep you posted!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have stayed at the Mövenpick Hotel in Jeddah already many times and I can really recommend it. You will get there everything you need as long as you won't need alcohol and the many other things which are not available in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The rooms are nice and large, the bathrooms are large as well however they could be cleaner for my taste. (It has a lot to do with the poor quality of water in the city - already the smell of the water is appalling.)

The hotel is about 15-20 min away from the airport if there isn't a traffic jam. The staff is friendly and helpful although I had regularly problems with airport pickup which was ordered but no driver showed up. Airport transfer costs less than 15 EUR.

There are internet terminals in the hotel (a small room next to the lobby) where you can check in and print your boarding pass so you won't need to wait at the airport.

The restaurant in the hotel is indeed very good, I like the buffet with oriental dishes as well as the excellent selection of desserts (thanks to the Swiss touch). Also breakfast is phantastic, especially the fresh strawberry, mango, orange and whatever juices.

There are rooms towards the inner courtyard (towards the lobby) which are silent and some facing towards the street which are less silent, especially the ones facing the mosque. There is a swimming pool for men only as well as a fitness center.

air conditioning is effective in the hotel rooms which is very important given the climate. My advise is to set it to the lowest temperature while you are away and switch it off when you come back, otherwise you'll probably get a bad cold. at least I always did. And in general be prepared that the restaurant will be airconditioned to 16°C while on the other side of the windows the temperature is at 42°C.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is a pleasant hotel but would be better if they kept the carpets in the bedroom clean. For a 5-year old hotel, the upkeep must not be very good as the carpet looked more like 15 years old.

Whoever designed the rooms were not thinking about the business traveller. When you set your laptop on the working table where the broadband line is, you’d have to remove the power plug for the standing lamp (like my colleague did) or in my case, the TV so that you can plug in your laptop to the power socket. In a twin-beeded room like mine, you’d think they would install light switches beside both beds instead of just one. The water pressure in the bathroom basin was either too low or too strong. Caution, wash your hands in a raincoat if you want to avoid getting your business suit all wet. I think the water supply in these taps are from the tall fountain in the city.

A handful of staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. The rest better be left unmentioned. An example would be the service staff at breakfast egg station in the morning, who goes about his work like it’s community service. Just when you need to go to the airport to catch a flight after breakfast, the service staff decides to vacate his post for 20 minutes and no amount of asking would get him to come back to prepare the two sunny side eggs you’d want.
(www.perfyi.wordpress.com)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pauljer
Reviewed March 26, 2010

My favorate hotel in jeddah, location& price wise, add to the rich breakfast,, located on the main road in Jeddah, Madena Road (easy access specially if you are in a business trip), walking distance travel agencies makes it ideal for any last minute travel needs, taking in considerations all the breaks offices takes, not to mention the traffic. ideal for events, professional team, nice multi purpose ballroom, friendly staff.. big rooms (Ask for the supperior room) nice swimming pool,, although rearly to see someone using it..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This hotel is quite adequate for a business stay, but there's little to enjoy here. The english language skills are modest. I stayed in an upgraded superior room, but still found the rooms to be shabby with worn upholstery and scuffed porcelains. Water pressure was low and there wasn't much hot water. The fitness area is for men only. There's a good selection of running machines. Beneath the fitness room is sauna, steam room, hot and cold jacuzzis. These areas are functional, but quite austere and I didn't find it relaxing. The breakfast buffet is extensive, good value, and you can have items cooked to order (which is a good idea since items in the trays were lukewarm). Wireless internet access is free but somewhat slow. Overall adequate, but lacks the warmth and polish of many similarly priced hotels. I would not choose to return given the choice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cgr
Reviewed October 15, 2009

This hotel matched up to all the expectations I had from reading previous reviews. The location, the room, the food, the cleanliness, the staff all impressed me and relaxed me straight away. and they really were the most gentle people I've ever seen.I like to thank you for all the stuff and special thanks to chef tarek he was a very care of me and i feel i am in home he is a very good chef and it is a first time i eat very nice pasta from him.
and i will to recommend this hotel to a friend

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business