“Since we were kids”
Review of Floating Mosque

Ranked #4 of 52 things to do in Jeddah
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful white mosque seems to emerge from the sea.
Winnipeg, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Since we were kids”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This place carries a lot of memories, we have been coming here with our parents when were still kids, now I come with my kids. Nice outer balcony like railing, beautiful to watch the sun set, when the sun dips west into the Red Sea

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Gass1

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Its just a normal mosque, and it isn't that special.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the mosque that I sometimes choose to do my Friday prayers in since I live near by. Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is. It is just a normal mosque build on supports over the water.

It really lacks when it comes to cleanliness and I think the fact this is a "tourist" destination in Jeddah is embarrassing and testament to how little there is to do in Saudi Arabia.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Tamim K
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Must see when in Jeddah”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Floating masjid is not exactly floating in the water however, it gives a feeling of out in the sea when you stand at the extreme west end of masjid. Its a good place to walk in the evening, enjoy the sunset in Red Sea.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Arabian_Quest
United Kingdom
1,190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,131 helpful votes
“Located amongst the Corniche”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

There are several floating mosques around the world, several in Malaysia. This one in the Jeddah corniche is built on stilts in the Red sea and looks like its floating during high tide.

We just looked at it from the outside at night and it was a wondrous sight.

Visited September 2011
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Bad Smell”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The toilets are always smelly! I hope they have more labors for cleaning to take care as its a popular distination.

Visited April 2012