Jeddah Trident Hotel
  • Pool
$107
$95
Priceline
All reviewsindustrial areawholesale marketport viewport arealobbyarabicmeeting
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our journey back from Umro last February. The place is more than acceptable, nice and clean and the staff very helpful with good breakfast menu for group.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The hotel is down near the port area, so away from the middle part of town where the big-name hotels are - but it was very convenient for the business I was doing in Jeddah. I found it to be an extremely friendly and efficient place. OK yes so it lacked some of the finesse of a modern 5 star establisment, if judged by European standards. And yes the room furnishings could perhaps do with being updated. But the staff couldn't do enough for me, the room was comfortable and the food just fine. Would happily return here the next time I travel to Jeddah,

Room Tip: Ask to upgrade to a suite - this gives you an extremely spacious room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

As my business travels seldom take me to Saudi Arabia I was a little nervous regarding the accommodation the company had booked for me. However in this case I needn’t have been so concerned. Whilst it would have been useful to sample some of the larger international hotels in Jeddah to compare I feel the Trident was more than acceptable for my 4 night stay.

The Trident restaurant offers a wide selection of international foods and the staff are very attentive throughout the hotel.

The rooms are reasonably large and clean with a widescreen TV showing some international channels.

The only draw backs I found where those based on cultural differences which clearly the hotel can do little about – such as the dry state issue and the poor water quality for bathing etc. I would suggest you buy some bottled water from outside other wise you will have to pay restaurant prices

Given the possible range of hotels I could have found myself in I was quite happy and I would happily stay at the trident again.

Room Tip: i think some rooms include complimentary internet access ask for this in negotiations
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The only Star quality hotel in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia that has an Indian management, thereby, the management has given a truly Indian feel to the hotel and the overall staying experience. The best thing about the hotel is the food. Great Indian food! The location of the hotel, although is in the heart of the city and close to lots of shopping, could be better. The approach is not that great, but the hotel itself is very well maintained and boasts very good food and good rooms to stay in. It is one of the more reasonably priced hotels in Jeddah. Overall verdict - a good option to stay at with great food choices!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

On our trip, driving from Cape Town to London, instead of being able to drive through Saudi as planned, we were told on arrival, that right hand steering vehicles are not alowed on roads. Saudi has been the biggest problem of our whole trip and an expensive one as we have been forced to send the car by carrier onto the Jordan border.
We booked into the Trident and have had no problems with the hotel. Staff friendly, mainly from Parkistan & India. Rooms very nice. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple