“Nice hotel value for money”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah
Ranked #15 of 169 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Looking at its reasonable price , this hotel is good for a day or two specially if you are visiting for business, it has nice big rooms and close to Cournich , It is located in Madinah Road which is the most busy street in Jeddah .

Their room service is amazing , FAST bringing orders which I really like.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Allow me first to thank you for the time you took to write a review about your stay with us.

I am so glad to know that your stay was a pleasant and satisfactory one, looking forward to welcome you always again on behalf of the Radisson Blu Hotel team and management.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I requested a smoking room but they said they were full, so finally agreed to a free upgrade to a suite! HOWEVER the room had the smallest 23' tvs which were far away so you couldn't really see. There was massive vibrations and noise coming from somewhere. it was so much vibration I actually started to feel sick.
The fridge was old and rusty and just looked like it hadn't been cleaned and could definitely use a replacement.

Finally because it is ramadan they have moved the breakfast to the 7th floor the room was obviously a suite which they just removed everything out of to make way for 3 round tables and a couple of dishes that I honestly wouldn't feed to my dog.

Overall, even though I have stayed there many times, this is the worst experience I have had there

Room Tip: dont travel in Ramadan Noise and vibration on the 7th floor is terrible
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

I apologize for the inconvenience you have faced during your last stay with us.

We will use your comments and touch points to fine tune our operations, and appreciate your feedback, hoping that you'll give us another chance to make it right.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a rather old hotel, with a wierd layout: you have to take an elevator/stairs 1 floor up to the reception/lobby and then a different elevator to the room. This was not a major issue for me.

The room was a nice size and clean. Internet was wireless and free (throughout the hotel) as you would expect from Radisson. My colleagues complained about the air conditioning being very cold and noisy, however I did not have a problem with mine.

We made use of the hotels car service (Europcar) and found them to be friendly with pretty good knowledge of the city.

The breakfast was good with nice selection and overall their staff were very friendly.

HINT: When instructing a taxi make sure they understand that it is the Radisson Blu Hotel on Medina Road, NOT the Radisson Blu Royal Suites on the same road.

To be fair a for score this property should be "good" as there was nothing that seriously impressed me, other than the staff friendliness....so giving them the benefit of the doubt on the TA scale they get a "very good".

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We highly appreciate your feedback and your time to write about your experience.

Its great to know that you had a satisfactory stay with us and that you could recognize the friendliness of our team, that is so encouraging to keep showing our team Yes I Can! service spirit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed 6 days in Jeddah for business. My 1st trip to Jeddah. Was in Riyadh 2 weeks prior. The room was great. The hotel is very clean. At least it had a view & was not opaque. Was on the 2nd floor & could not hear the traffic from below. Everything was great, the room, the service (from check in, support staff, restaurant staff, to check out). The only downside was the damp smell in the room. I researched tripadvisor prior to my travels & read about the smell. It seemed like it was coming from the air conditioning. I lowered it. After the 2nd day, I got used to the smell, left the hallway door open for a brief spell & was able to move forward with my stay. Did not ask for a different room since it may be in other rooms as well.
As a solo female traveler, I did not run into any problems. There were other female foreigners there. In the hotel, some did not cover their hair, but wore the abaya.I did not venture outside of the hotel though. As a muslima, it was great to hear the adhan in the AM!
The breakfast and dinner buffets were great. The dinner buffet was more expensive, so plan to have more than 1 trip. And don't forget to check out the gift shop!
Prior to my trip, I read a lot of reviews regarding the spotty internet connection. I did not have any issues. I was on the internet from 5PM to 1AM each day & did not have any drops. There's even a letter in the room that the hotel is upgrading their systems. I was able to check emails, Skype, Facebook, etc without issues. I guess, the next request is to offer wi-fi since I was limited to the desk during my internet work hours. Sometimes, it's nice to be able to move around the room with my laptop.
God willing, I will return again next year

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

It was great pleasure serving you at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah.

We are delighted to read that you liked the room, cleanliness, restaurant, internet and other services at our hotel.

It would be great to welcome you on board again among our family.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

A decent spot. I would compare it to a holiday inn. The breakfast buffet was crazy expansive though. The room was fine, a little small but more than adequate. The shower was really nice and water pressure was great, as it usually is on the coast. Drive along the corniche if you get a chance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

We appreciate having you staying with us and certainly will use your feedback to fine-tune our operations.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

- Great quality vs value for money.
- Great satisfaction level - I was satisfied for a small issue that has been handled by staff at once.
- Good quality of food.
- Good quality and cleanliness of rooms.
- Good internet connection compared to my experience with hotels in Jeddah.
- Reasonable price of accommodation vs quality and value
- Reasonable price for limousine services for pickup from airport and to airport.
- I recommend this hotel for future stay in Jeddah

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Allow me to thank you sincerely for taking the time to write this review and for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Jeddah during your last visit to the city.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and for your willingness to come back, it is always nice to hear from a happy guest and it would be great pleasure to have another chance to serve you.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent one night at the Radisson Blu Hotel, it's not far from the airport of Jeddah, 15 mins by taxi if there is no traffic along the road.
The staff make you feel immediately welcome offering you a wet towel to refresh yourself from the high temperature outside and then offer you a welcome fruit cocktail.
The rooms are very nice and the bathroom too.
I reserved also the meeting room on the ground floor: a big room with a big table and more than 10/12 leather seats around it, a projector is available and also coffee and food if you want, but you have to pay an extra for that.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and liked our staff welcoming, the room and the bathroom status.

It would be a great pleasure to serve you again.