“Not as good as others”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah
Ranked #17 of 178 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel has been renewed, the service is friendly. Internet connection is free, but, the wifi doesn t work properly in the rooms, and the worst thing, my room stinks urine. Not a good eperience for a Radisson hotel

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Jeddah your second home away from home.

I appreciate the positive feedback about our friendliness of staff service and the free internet however I am glad to inform you that we are enhancing our internet connection overall the hotel.

Your comments and feedback will be taken in a high consideration and action.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel is top, food, rooms, staff etc...

However, if you are there for business and need good Internet connection don't go there until they have sorted out their IT problems.

Staying in touch with your home base while on a business trip is crucial, this is not possible in this hotel.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I appreciate your positive feedback and kind comments about the food, rooms and staff, which I will share it with our team personally.

Also I would like to inform you that we are currently working to improve our internet connection from all aspects and already started with solutions to fix the internet connection issue, which I am glad to tell you that it improved and will be much better very soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Final after waiting for around 8 days and saying in Sands Hotel (1 Day) and Al Hamra (7 Days), I have got room available here i.e. the same hotel where I used to stay during my previous trips.
Now after staying in another available hotels in Jeddah, I can surely compare the properties and ensure that chossing "Radisson BLU" is Value of Money. Cost wise its cheaper than Al Hamra and facility and quality of food, services and accomodation wise much better.
Only issue is about quality of Wi-fi Internet in 7th Floor, however, broadband connection available in room with approx 400 - 500 KBPS speed.
Currently staying here in Junior Royal Suit at 7th Floor and also previously stayed in Standard Deluxe Room.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, chooseanyone according to your budget. In Royal Club / Suits you will be having...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We are so glad to have you as a loyal repeated guest to our property, and will be always happy to welcome you on board.

I appreciate your 5 stars rating and the positive feedback and kind comments about the value for money, quality of food, service and accommodation which I will share it with our team personally.

Also I would like to inform you that we are currently working to improve our internet connection from all aspects and already planned to supply the 7the floor with WIFI as well in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had an excellent business stay here in October. I found the restaurant food to be a bit pricey but of excellent quality, representing good value for money. The staff were very friendly, and I made extensive use of the hotel cars which were very efficient. The only issue I had related to the wifi network, which was rather flakey (though I was at the end of the hotel corridor which probably didn't help). When the internet was down I found the business centre very useful, they don't even charge for printing. I would not hesitate to book at this hotel in future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I appreciate your positive feedback and kind comments about our restaurant high quality food, friendliness of our staff and the efficiency of our limousine service, which I will share it with our team personally.

Also I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced about the internet connection and glad to inform you that we are currently working to improve our internet connection from all aspects which I am positive you can feel the difference if you visit us again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

this hotel is good in the heart of the city.....
breakfast is very high standard and rooms are clean..
but i had a very bad experience which i think most of their visitors are suffering :very slow and primitive internet!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, and for staying with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Jeddah your second home away from home.

I appreciate your positive feedback and kind comments about our location, high quality breakfast and the cleanliness of our guest rooms which I will share it with our team personally.

Also I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced about the internet connection in the same time would like to inform you that we are currently heavily working to improve our internet connection from all aspects which I am positive you can feel the difference if you visit us again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

was a nice quick turnround after a terrible 3 hours at Immigration. Airport immigration is excellent for slow incompetent no service attitude. Avoid flying into Jeddah if you can. Hotel made up for the horrible encounter at airport. quick service and friendly staff even though it was 1 am when we got in. breakfast was excellent along with bell staff who tried to do their best. is an old hotel and it shows. some of the supervisors are not on the ball as they supervise rather than work. good for a very short visit

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I appreciate your positive feedback and kind comments about our staff efficiency and friendliness upon check in which I will personally share it with the team.

Also I am so glad to inform you that we are in renovation process now for our guest rooms which I am positive you can feel the difference if you visit us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Prior to this visit, I stayed at this hotel some 10 years ago when it was under a different name. The experience this time was almost the same. Super fast check in by Alex, smiling, very courteous, and friendly. The room was fine with a bit of ware on the upholstery but nothing worth mentioning. Didnt try any of the restaurants but the room service was prompt and excellent. Check out by Maher was again very courteous, and professional. Its always the small things which matter such as automatically asking if I needed a cab for the airport. Danilo, the bellhop was also very helpful and friendly.

What ever little deficiencies this hotel may have since this is an aging property, they are more than made up for by its excellent staff and service. I will not hesitate staying at this hotel again as it is a very good choice located at a good location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
RadissonBlu-Jeddah, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I appreciate your positive feedback and kind comments about our location, fast check in/out, courtesy and friendliness, room service efficiency and anticipating our guest’s needs which I will personally share it with the team.

As for the furniture, I am glad to inform you that we are currently under renovation process where we completed two floors and continuing to finish soon.