“Dreadful!!”

Ranked #19 of 160 Hotels in Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Dreadful!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been staying in the hotel for two weeks now and I think this is the worst experience that I have ever had in a hotel.

After checking in and sleeping immediately, I more closely examined my room, the following morning. The carpet is extremely dirty, there are stains on the walls and the furniture is dirty and torn. There was no hot water so, after a cold shower, I complained to the reception staff who showed me another room, which was equally as dirty and fatigued as the original one. After rejecting this room I was promised by the reception staff that they would find a better quality room for me to move into. Two weeks later I am still waiting for them to contact me to change room. They must be using the "do nothing and see if he goes away" strategy, but as I have given them a chance to rectify the matter and they have completely ignored me I shall simply never stay at a Le Meridien hotel again, and make sure that as many people are suitably pre-warned of this disgraceful hotel and staff.

The breakfast is of poor quality and the staff no better. On my first morning I was shown to a table which, although freshly set up, had coffee stains on the tablecloth. When I rejected this table, I was shown to another which had fewer coffee stains but some crumbs and juice stains for added value!! Third time lucky I got a table that was as clean as I could hope for.

I wanted to purchase some items for my stay and approached the reception staff to ask where I could buy them, as I have never visited Jeddah and do not know my way around. The staff informed me that they do not sell these items in the hotel. I then repeated the question as to where I could purchase these items and was told "Go outside and search." This rude and abrupt reply was inconceivable for a supposed premium hotel. Other hotels that I have stayed in, around the world, have gone out of their way to help me in booking flights, arranging restaurant reservations, transport, concert tickets etc yet this establishment is unable to courteously be bothered to try to find out the mere location of a shop within the city that they reside.

The room service menu is extremely limited and even a simple hamburger was so bad it made McDonalds seem like a Michelin Star Restaurant, and the price of the poor, low speed, internet connection is exorbitant and often does not last for the 24hr period for which I have paid.

The management will undoubtedly hide behind the comment that "The hotel is under refurbishment" but that is no excuse for dirt, stains on the walls and ripped and torn furniture and certainly has no relevance to the poor quality of food and the ignorance and insolence of the staff.

Beware!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, General Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your time to provide us with your comments and experiences encountered during your most recent stay.

Please do accept our sincere apologies for the regrettable stay. As a frequent traveler, I can truly understand how frustrating it can be when this expectation is not met.

Please rest assured that the concerns you have raised will be reviewed by the concerned hotel relevant department heads so that action may be taken to ensure that our future guests will not have the same experience.

Further we would like to take the opportunity to inform you that the hotel is undergoing renovations and that in your next visit we will be able to accommodate you in one of our newly renovated rooms.

Jose Pinto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hotel was nothing special, though too expensive, bit too old, breakfast mediocre, rooms ok but nothing special. The lounge closed early, or better still was open but there was no-one there to serve us (has this experience before in Le meridien Jeddah. On the positive side, I appreciated the free wifi. Concluding; not a completely bad hotel, just too expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
We highly appreciate your effort in writing us your comments.

We would like to take this opportunity that the hotel is currently undergoing its renovation and fresh look of our room will surely enhance your stay once completed.

We apologize if nobody assisted you for service in the LM Club Lounge during your visit. Corrective measures are already in place to rectify such.

The Management

Travelers are raving about these Jeddah hotels

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Good location for Jeddah. Luxurious lobby, but very tired-looking - could do with a fresh coat of paint everywhere! Large room, very clean, but two-pin power outlets everywhere - and even the in-room iron was three-pin with no adaptor! No outlets near the bed for charging phone overnight. Breakfast buffet good, but miserable staff - no smiles :( Excellent gym

1 Thank Peter L
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
We thank you so much for the comments.

We would like to take this opportunity that the hotel is currently undergoing its renovation those points you mentioned for the guest room are already considered.

We also apologize for not wearing a smile during your service experience and corrective measures are already in place to rectify such.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Room was booked in advance, upon arrival had to wait one hour for the room, little shop in reception closed, beds are too soft, ended up with back pain and unable to sleep properly, considered to sleep on the floor but carpet not very inviting.

the restaurant is small and the tables too close together, having to hear other people eating is not nice, the food is good, large variety during breakfast and a nice buffet for lunch, about 170 riyals for one person lunch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
We highly appreciate your time and effort in giving us your comments.

We apologize for keeping you waiting to get your room as the hotel was overbooked that period and we will take note of your personal preferences.

Thank you once again for your comments.

Milton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have been to Jeddah just once for work and to be honest Le Meridien is a very nice hotel where to stay. Breakfast offers a good variety of choices and it was included, room is nice and clean, wifi internet it comes for free.
Strongly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank eddyfelson
Thank you so much for your uplifting words and for recommending our hotel, a place to stay in Jeddah.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My stay started with useless conversation with concierge trying organise pick-up from the airpoirt and even after asking her how much will the taxi cost...answer was just...i dont know.
Oh well. Building itself is lookind nice as well as the lobby. After exiting the lift, corridors are infested with awfull moudly smell, AC is leaking everywhere and ceiling is falling of. The best is yet to come...the room had window facing inner atrium covered with red vinyl so it felt like staying in hell...literally. Otherwise the room was big, old fashioned and shabby but bed comfortable and bathroom decent. Perhaps you can ask for room facing outside but i am sure
it will be noisy. I was happy to stay only one night and will stay again? Not quite sure.

Room Tip: Facing outside.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time in giving us your comments; we highly appreciate it a lot.

We apologized for the negative experiences at our Concierge. Note that corrective measures have already been in placed so it will not happen again to our guests.

As for the humidity in the corridors, it is part of our ongoing soft-renovation on the guests floor corridors and rooms to correct those minor points and for the reddish ambient light at the atrium side it is simply a protective covering as we are expecting some rains.

Our rooms are noise-proof and even if you stay facing the busy-road side of the street you will not hear the noise coming from outside.

Once again we highly appreciate your time and efforts.

Beirut
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last July. The service was good, food was acceptable, staff receptive and hotel was clean. However, the hotel is very old looking. The lobby gives the impression of an hotel built in the 70s without any renovation.

Room Tip: High floors rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your time and effort for writing us your comments; we highly appreciate it a lot.

As for our lobby, the hotel now is undergoing its first soft renovation in our guest rooms and soon in our lobby and restaurant which is coming by phase. It will be a new perspective view of our hotel being a Le Méridien Brand in Jeddah.

Thank you once again for your patronage with us and for the Brand.