“Easy to find - difficult to get to”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Meridien Jeddah

Le Meridien Jeddah
Ranked #18 of 157 Hotels in Jeddah
Dorset, UK
“Easy to find - difficult to get to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

A decent hotel in Jeddah - not to far from airport in early morning traffic but a nightmare to get to if you don't know the area and miss the exit in evening traffic. After passing the hotel which is on a main intersection it took 30 mins to re-trace our route to the entrance. Generally a satisfactory experience though some of the decor is shabby as other reviewers have mentioned.

My room was comfortable and quiet despite overlooking the main road.

Meals in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast were good.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank baglan
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

Due the ongoing city and road development in Jeddah where new bridges and underpass were constructed causes some delay to our arriving guest coming and going to the airport but soon as all these developments been completed definitely all our guests will reach the hotel at early time.

As for the room décor, we would like you to know that our renovation already started and soon a fresh and a new look of Le Méridien Jeddah will be in your taste.

The Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kanyakumari
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 days in Le Meridien hotel. Very unfortunate to find such service and quality in a hotel with the Le Meridien name. The wallpapers are torn in multiple places, sofa is very dirty. The room srevice telephone number keeps ringing but no one bothers to pick up the telephone. The mobile charges that we carry with us does not fit in any of their wall sockets and when I wanted a charger adapter, there is no one to help me get an adapter. Finally had to walk around the corridor and found a service boy in the corridor to get the adapter. The reception staff are not friendly, all of them have a big serious face and feel that they are doing us a favour by answering any of our queries. Overall, a bad experience. I am sure I will not be going back to this hotel to stay again when I am in jeddah.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

As for the room condition, we would like you to know that our renovation already started and soon a fresh and a new look of Le Méridien Jeddah will be in your taste. These will also include universal electrical outlets to meet the demand of our guests’ smart phones re-charging.

For the negative experiences you encountered, rest assured that corrective measure has been in place so not to repeat the same instances.

Your continuous patronage in our property and Brand makes us more proud in doing better quality services to our guests.

The Hotel Management

Travelers are raving about these Jeddah hotels

Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Too bad for a Meridien, very average hotel. i booked a club room. the lounge although equipped with some computers , printers and free Wi-Fi is very poor regarding food and service. breakfast was good , staff over all helpful , but room are old and not very well maintained. safe didn't work , also the phone hand set had problems. it is an overall average , where you can stay for 2 nights .around the hotel some nice shops and good international cuisine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedbacks and comments. Corrective measures have been taken from our services so it may not happen again.

As for the guest rooms, the hotel is now having its facelift and making sure that best quality of brand identity will be at your experience while staying with us.

Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Arriving in Jeddah for the first time can be an intimidating experience for any seasoned business traveller and it was a pleasant surprize to find the Meridien hotel. This was a nice hotel to stay at and the staff made you feel quite welcome despite the armed guards and heavy security around the perimeter. The room was clean although the carpets should be changed. and had a modern bathroom. One of my favorite times of the day was breakfast. An English newspaper was at your door every morning and coupled with an extensive buffet made this a relaxing time before a day of business meetings which is the main reason most foreigners are in Saudi.I also made good use of he gym, pool and steam room which helped me unwind. I am always of the opinion that hotels are for sleeping yet a couple of nights I elected to have a salad in my room which was perfect. If you take a walk outside the hotel you will not only find a small shopping mall but several decent places to eat which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Floors 6-8 are a good choice and have access to the 7th floor lounge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We are very glad to know that in your first visit in Jeddah you stayed in our hotel and even more delighted that we reached up to your expectations and gives your pleasant experiences while staying with us.

We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliments. Your good taste for a hotel to stay like us makes us more proud in doing better quality services to our guests.

We thank you and hoping to see you stepping in our hotel again.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Smart and clean hotel with free wifi and really good gym that is open 24 hours. Good location for most places in central Jeddah and close enough to the airport. Perfect for a business traveller and definitely somewhere I will be staying at again for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliments. Your continuous patronage in our property and Brand makes us more proud in doing more better quality services to our guests.

Horsham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I checked into a room on the 6th floor. The carpet was badly stained the shower needed to be ran for at least 10 minutes before I would get hot water. I made two requests via the front desk for a document to be copied this wasn't done until I stood in front of them, no apology. When requesting items from housekeeping took them to attempts to meet them.

Overall the service is poor and standard of rooms unacceptable for Le Meridien. I no longer recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedbacks and corrective measures has been taken from our side on the part of our front desk and housekeeping services so it may not happen again.

As for the carpet stains, the hotel is now having its facelift in the guest rooms and corridors, making sure that best quality of brand identity will be at your experience while staying with us.

Again thank you and hope to see you once again.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a lot of times in the past couple of years. I chose this hotel because of its name “Le Meridien” also it’s a walking distance to my meetings. Every single time I get very sick from the smell of the hotel. The carpets smell horrible, the wall smell very bad, the floor, and the furniture. The smell of Humidity Stench is all over the hotel. Every time the representatives change my room 2 to 3 times, yet the smell is all over. The representatives start by saying “no smell is here” , “everything seems normal”, but when I explain to them that part of my job is to evaluate hotels’ quality, they back up and say , yes you are right, we have a problem in the hotel which we will renovate soon. That case has been going on for years.
In my last stay, and it will definitely be my last stay, my pregnant wife got very sick from the smell, and that effected the baby, and I was going to sue the hotel once I get back to US.

Room Tip: So my advise, DO NOT stay in this hotel, even if it’s for FREE unless you are prepared to be SICK fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank W0rldTraveller2013
LMJ-Management, General Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Jose Pinto