“Hotel going downhill”

Ranked #18 of 159 Hotels in Jeddah
Horsham
“Hotel going downhill”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I checked into a room on the 6th floor. The carpet was badly stained the shower needed to be ran for at least 10 minutes before I would get hot water. I made two requests via the front desk for a document to be copied this wasn't done until I stood in front of them, no apology. When requesting items from housekeeping took them to attempts to meet them.

Overall the service is poor and standard of rooms unacceptable for Le Meridien. I no longer recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedbacks and corrective measures has been taken from our side on the part of our front desk and housekeeping services so it may not happen again.

As for the carpet stains, the hotel is now having its facelift in the guest rooms and corridors, making sure that best quality of brand identity will be at your experience while staying with us.

Again thank you and hope to see you once again.

The Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a lot of times in the past couple of years. I chose this hotel because of its name “Le Meridien” also it’s a walking distance to my meetings. Every single time I get very sick from the smell of the hotel. The carpets smell horrible, the wall smell very bad, the floor, and the furniture. The smell of Humidity Stench is all over the hotel. Every time the representatives change my room 2 to 3 times, yet the smell is all over. The representatives start by saying “no smell is here” , “everything seems normal”, but when I explain to them that part of my job is to evaluate hotels’ quality, they back up and say , yes you are right, we have a problem in the hotel which we will renovate soon. That case has been going on for years.
In my last stay, and it will definitely be my last stay, my pregnant wife got very sick from the smell, and that effected the baby, and I was going to sue the hotel once I get back to US.

Room Tip: So my advise, DO NOT stay in this hotel, even if it’s for FREE unless you are prepared to be SICK fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank W0rldTraveller2013
LMJ-Management, General Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly.

Jose Pinto

Travelers are raving about these Jeddah hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times on business trips.It is well located on the main arterial road of Jeddah (Madinah Road).One of the oldest and most popular malls of Jeddah is just across the road opposite to the entrance to the hotel and so the spare time can be spent well shopping or window shopping in the mall.Many good restaurants are within walking distnace.The breakfast buffet is good with lots of variety of dishes.But internet is not free.Overall experience is good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Greetings from Le Méridien Jeddah.

We thank you and we highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback, compliment and continuous patronage in our property and Brand and will continue to provide you quality service.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel,
Pros:
Spacious rooms
Good food
Good lobby (music in the Lobby, quite rare in KSA)
Perfect service
Location close to the airport and close to tahlia street (shopping)

Cons:
Didn't like the shower system.
Internet not free
Breakfast buffet relatively small (however more than enough and quality is very good)

i would definitely come back to this hotel when in Jeddah.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Le Méridien Jeddah.

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

We are very much happy to learn that we were able to live with your expectations on us.

As for our rooms, they are all be having the facelifts starting January 2013 that will be enjoyed my by our guests.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My first stay and the hotel was well located and efficient. The executive room was a reasonable size and adequately equipped. A few more towels and higher end soaps etc would not go amiss but the room and common areas were spotlessly clean. The Royal Club lounge is a place to read and work. The gym is really good with modern equipment and helpful staff.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings from Le Méridien Jeddah.

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

As for our rooms and places you mentioned like the club lounge, they are all be having the facelifts starting January 2013 that will be enjoyed my by our guests.

Windlesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Starwood - you should be embarrassed!

A very dated hotel. Not what I would expect a Le Meridian to be.

The corridors of the SPG floor I stayed on constantly smelt damp. The buffet dinner was about the most disappointing I've ever experienced, (and the waiting staff are only about as good as the food!). Executive lounge - really!? Very slow WiFi / Internet just about finished it off for me.

I will not return

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick G
Greetings from Le Méridien Jeddah.

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and very much gratified to know that you are our loyal guest!

Moreover, our guest rooms and other public areas will have its facelift starting January 2013 that will be enjoyed my by our guests and ever loyal guest like you.

As for the buffet I just want to let you know that having our new Executive Chef on board will definitely make the changes.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Have used this hotel on a number of occasions and just have loads of little service-specific gripes. When I checked in I was just allocated a room and sent on my way. First, it would have been nice if I had been asked if I had any preferences (facing th road, away from the road etc.). The receptionist told me somebody would follow with a password for the wireless internet - nobody did, but this was redundant anyway as I didn't need one!
TV remote control didn't work and had to be replaced.
When I ordered room service, the person on the 'phone couldn't work out what I was asking for! They seemed never to have head of the word 'pokemon' (which, for some reason is the name THEY have given a turkey and cheese sandwich). Given that English is my first language and the menu is in English, I can only assume the problem isn't at my end (but who knows?). They then came to my room (eventually) and I had to show them the item on their menu. Having started this whole process at 7.15, I eventually got my turkey and cheese sandwich and fries at 8pm. Should it take this long? No salt and pepper on the tray but hey, I had some food, at last.
Went down to breakfast. They have those cereal bowls that are no larger than cups. Had to ask for a proper bowl. They did manage to dig one up from the kitchen. I was asked if I wanted tea or coffee but there was no cup on the table, They got me a cup filled it with coffee and marched off. No offer of milk for the coffee. I went and got some milk myself. No sugar on table, went and got that, no teaspoon etc etc.
Went to the business centre in the morning to print a single piece of paper (my boarding pass). Computers, unbelievably slow, obviously don't get 'cleaned' on a regular basis. Whole load of documents queued up on printer with 'error' messages. After 10 minutes gave up and went to have breakfast. Came back and by this time the staff had given up on their own business centre and went off to some other back rooms to print the boarding pass.
Like the location of this hotel, but it's not exactly a five star operation is it?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike W
Greetings from Le Méridien Jeddah.

Moreover, our guest rooms and other public areas will have its facelift starting January 2012 that will be enjoyed my by our guests and ever loyal guest like you.