Le Meridien Jeddah
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe international marketsmall malltahlia streetan upgraderooms are cleandecent hotelshopping mallbusiness visitsaudi arabianice locationgymmedinaharabictaxiscorniche
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

First time I went there because fo business needs, it was close to the meetin locaitons. and since then this is my favorite hotel in Jeddah.
Ideally located on Medinah road, cery close to the vibrant Tahlia Street in Jeddah,
Hotel is very clean, staff are very friendly, I always choose the Club Level floor, it is a bit expensive but for a business traveller, the extras you get are very beneficial, free airport delivery and drop off, free snacks to you and your guests all day, etc.
This is now my destination hotle in Jeddah

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Unfriendly 'business hotel' which is due for an update.

This is a hotel where the staff don't smile or greet customers. Only the guy who came to fit my child bed had a friendly personality.

When I checked in the receptionist tried to put me in an Executive suite instead of the Diplomatic suite I booked. He insisted that its the same but when I told him that the price and description are different on their internet site, he kept quiet and changed me to the correct room. Why on earth would he lie and then not apologise? It's the first time I've ever had someone on reception try to cheat me - and let's be sure that he knew what he was doing because he tried to defend what he'd done.

As for the rooms then they are on the border line of acceptable but are about 5 minutes away from being dated. The furniture is tired and due an update now. There is a noticeboard in reception showing how they plan to update the rooms - all I can say is start now.

As for the diplomatic suite then it was roomy but the kitchen was closed. One worker promised to open it, only for another to tell me it's not allowed to open it. Another worked told me it had been closed awaiting refurbishment - no straight answer. The bedroom and sitting room are a good size although I found the bed mattress overly soft.

The location of the hotel is great - next to the 'Oxford Street' of Jeddah and on the main thoroughfare that runs from downtown to the airport. So which ever direction you want to go in, its easy to head off.

The TV channels selection is poor without any kids channels. When I asked why I was told that this was a 'business hotel'. That's a rather short sighted, stupid way of thinking given that there are families who stay in the hotel. Internet was free but has now become chargeable so didn't use it. Also, there are no tea of coffee facilities in the room. This is a 5 star hotel?!

Twice I left a message for the duty manager to contact me and no reply. You can see the apathy in the staff is a reflection of the management.

Breakfast had an 'ok' selection of items and along with the rest of the hotel was rather unremarkable.

Overall, I can't recommend staying in this hotel as it stands. The rooms are due for an update and, as another reviewer said, the staff need training in hospitality. There are other 5 star hotels I'd recommend you look at before this one.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the room you booked.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hoods_Travels

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

We are also extending our utmost apologies for the experiences you have encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments were handled accordingly. Corrective measures have been taken in order to avoid such in the future.

As a management team, we take all comments and share them with our concerned department; we may resolve any and all issues as Customer care is amongst our highest priorities.

As for our rooms and what you have stated, our rooms will have its refurbishment and will be enjoyed by our guests the new brand perspective soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Good hotel. A bit expensive (SAR 750). Yet you can get all what you expect from a hotel from the Le Meridien brand. Location is good as it is close to downtown,( 10-15 min by cab) where most of the restaurants, shops, stores can be found. There is a well stocked supermarket right across the road, where also you can get taxi's easily without having to pay the "hotel premium". Wide selection of TV channels and a very good gym and pool. These are important when you spend lonely evenings in Saudi Arabia.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

What I like about this hotel is the location. Close to downtown, shops, restaurants, etc. It is not a fancy place, put good for business travelers and families too. I love their large pool. The Gym need more treadmills and newer equipment.The staff are very nice but they need more training in hospitality. I waited more than 30 minutes to check-out last time. There were three employees, two of them decided to close their computer when it was my turn, Only one employee was trying his best to keep up: Mohammad Saeed was my hero. The other two should be disciplined. I checked-out at 1:00 pm on August 14, 2012.
Otherwise I really enjoyed my staying before.

Room Tip: Don't get the highway side. Very noisy!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

As for our gym equipment, I am happy to inform you that our new equipments already on board!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Recently visited during Ramadan with work. Firstly while it is very important to respect different cultures and important religious times, it is also important to be given correct information with regard to the proper etiquette especially when speaking with the hotel staff. The information we received was completely incorrect and without going into detail our concerns fell on 'deaf ears'.

I am only able to comment on my experiences and those of a few colleagues, to say that the service in this hotel is poor would be an understatement however this comment only applies to its reception staff and management, if you deal with the Philipino or Indian staff then it is completely different story as they are genuinely delightful, helpful and always willing to assist.

On our last night we had to visit reception yet again with yet another issue and were made to feel very awkward by the staff, in fact two of the staff spoke between themselves, obviously about us !

We were right... a Local man overheard the conversation and reported back to us on what had been said, which incidentally I will not post as it serves no purpose. Very poor indeed...

Anyway as for the rooms.. they are spacious spotlessly clean with all amenities, as it was Ramadan food was only available in your room between the fasting times. However this was of good quality and the service was also very good. Internet is expensive considering what WIFI costs now some hotels seem to be cashing in.

Opposite the Hotel is a large Mall with many shops and food outlets and a 5 minute walk takes you to a main road where there are many restaurants and coffee shops, a great experience. Infact on our way back we walked via a Mosque as the people were leaving, it was brilliant and we were made to feel very welcome even though we are westerners. Street food was in abundance and everyone was happy to see us, more than could be said by the Hotel... !

Overall the trip was good because of the outside experiences and the non Saudi staff we encountered in the Hotel so my ratings reflect this and not the service received by the 'locals' in the Hotel

Unfortunately I am not able to choose where I stay but if I had a choice it would not be in this establishment, the staff are terrible and this is not just my opinion. Interestingly enough I stayed here last year, not during Ramadan and the staff were excellent... whats changed ?

My ratings reflect the non Pilipino or Indian staff for them it is 5+ stars

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Le Méridien Jeddah.

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliments.

Your kind compliments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.