“Average but comfortable”
Review of Le Meridien Jeddah

Le Meridien Jeddah
Ranked #25 of 181 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I normally visit the hotel during business trips. Overall it is a decent and reasonably priced hotel in Jeddah. Booking a club room will cost 860 SAR / night which considerably reasonable when compared to other hotels. The hotel is located right next to Tahlia Road (most popular shopping area).
Check-in/out is somewhat a slow process. Their front-desk is small and can only handle 2 customers at a time. Internet is also not fantastic, but after all it’s free.
The hotel is currently renovating its rooms (I have seen the layouts and they seem promising), and rooms in general are clean. Housekeeping tends to be in the habit of taking face-towels and never replacing them (not sure why). I must say that I am not a big fan of their mattresses (too soft for my liking)
They have a big outdoor pool, and a 24/7 gym which is fantastic (although ventilation in the gym requires an upgrade). They also have a 2 squash courts, but hourly rates are ridiculous (100 SAR/hour per person).
Food is good when dining (lunch or dinner) in the restaurant. But i never enjoyed their room-service selection.

Room Tip: Try to book a club room/suite with a view. Othewise, you'll end up with curtains drawn during yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

We are also extending our utmost apologies for the experiences you have encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments were handled accordingly. Corrective measures have been taken in order to avoid such in the future.

Your comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

Again, thank you for the patronage and recommendation in our property and Brand!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

To be true, rooms, eqmts, ambience is in par with 5* hotel. But strangely in package there was no breakfast and dinner. And if I stay for one month I get royal club membership and some breakfast with that, but i have to struggle for one month. Inside room, they keep two tiny bottles of water, if you ask, you will get more. No kettle in room, ask and you will get it. No teabags, coffee powder in the room, again ask and get it. So overall its like you ask it, then you will get it. They have a nice gym and health club. Also one mall nearby, and some restaurants also nearby. But the rate per day was much higher than a similar standard hotel where they provided breakfast also. Again it was my package. Hope you can arrange a good package with lot of inclusions, Good luck.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with the package provided as selected by your company during your stay. We do pride ourselves on being able to accommodate all our guests’ requirements and I regret that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

As for our packages offered, please send us a message prior to your reservation so we can address it properly.

Again, thank you for the support in our property and Brand!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

The only way I've come to enjoy my experience in this particular hotel is to come to terms with the fact that 5 star hotels in Saudi Arabia are subjected to lower standards. The rooms are in dire need of some form of upgrading. Cable TV is a let down especially since the transmission is so poor with only grainy pictures appearing on the screen. The room I had, on the executive floor was also small. There was an iPod dock in the room, which we didn't use anyway. Bellboy/concierge was friendly though, offering advice on good places to eat and getting a cab for us. Not convinced about the hotel's location, perhaps the best place to stay in Jeddah would be in the corniche vicinity. In addition, breakfast spread was good with numerous choices offered. We didn't have any problems checking-in; it was quite efficient but for the others in our party, their rooms were not ready despite being past check-in time. Perhaps it was because we were SPG members. Nonetheless, a decent stay despite the let down by the rooms.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daziz_91
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback and compliment.

As for our rooms, you may be interested to learn that our rooms will have its refurbishment and will be enjoyed by our guests the new brand perspective soon!

Again, thank you for the support in our property and Brand!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

After reading some of the reviews i didnt expect a lot. However the rooms and services were really good, i liked the hotel wouldn't pay more than $180 per night, as for this price the hotel is really neat. The gym is ok but not that great

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We had a club room on the 7th floor .. I was really disappointed by the hotel
when we got there the smell was disgusting, it smelled dirty and damp !
the room carpet had a big red spot on the floor, the breakfast buffet was less than average .
the tv channels were limited and the ipod dock was broken and when we asked for maintenance they said they'd send one and never got any help.

the room was ok and the size was good, but that big stain made me upset.
the hotel service is very low, would expect better from such a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I really was surprised. I expected better than the hotel I saw, I would expect that the problem is purely administrative, I see that the hotel is possible to be better but with conditions. First of all, respect for time. Secondly, respect for international conventions in the booking. They made me wait for more than two hours. Add to this the lack of access to the room booked in advance.Although I am already booked for me and all my family members, but the hotel request an additional financial

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nice and convenient location which attract to stay here.

Room Tip: As a Platinum Spg member I got an upgrade to a nice suite
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business