“Very nice would go again”
Review of Le Meridien Jeddah

Le Meridien Jeddah
Ranked #19 of 163 Hotels in Jeddah
Bridgend
“Very nice would go again”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

A very nice hotel, room had a great view (for this area of the city) and was very comfortable, modern and clean. The buffet is a bit repetitive if you stay for a while (I was here for 1 month) and you soon start to know when its fish night etc. There is also an outdoor restaurant serving steak etc, also great strawberry milkshakes. The pool and gym facilities are nice, the pool is outside so you can have a nice swim at night after work and catch some sun in the day (it get really hot though as it is a heat trap). The gym equipment is quite new, lots of machines, little free weights though. Staff were helpful during my stay and generally smiling. Nice café in the lobby. Laundry service was also good. A one month stay here was bearable which is about as good as it can get when living in hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed September 30, 2011

as the title suggests this hotel is near to the local office so I use it on business trips but it is starting to show the signs of poor maintenance policies.

1 Thank tricam

Travelers are raving about these Jeddah hotels

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I visited the hotel at the end of September, and I think that the only advantage it had for me, that it was near to our office!

The hotel is very old, and you can sense this when you enter the hotel corridors, and the rooms as well.

Breakfast was not bad, and room service also, but the hotel has a serious problem with the staff.. they are not friendly, they are not service oriented, they lack professionalism, and knowledge of the business and their property!

The front desk local employees are definitely in the wrong place! as they have serious attitude when dealing with guests.

I had an incident with the a guy named Randy in the guest service center, as when I checked in, the front desk agent told me that they have both cable and wireless internet in the rooms, the cable internet does not need a user or password, while if I want to use the wireless, I need to call the guest service center for a password, and one day, i wanted to use the wireless and called the guest service center and Randy answered, and I told him that I need the password and he told me that we don’t have wireless internet in the rooms, only cable, and I spent around 10 minutes arguing with him to convince him, that my laptop is showing a wireless network called Le Meridien, and he insisted that they don’t have wireless!

So, I hang up the phone with him and called the front desk and explained the situation, and the guy confirmed that what I was saying, and he promised that Randy will call me in a while to apologize and give me the password, and he did call after minutes, and I spent another 5 minutes asking him where should I put the password, and what does the page look like, and he did not understand, so I asked for a supervisor, which I believe was a local, and he also did not know how to help me.

And guess what, after all of this, the wireless internet worked eventually without a password!!!!!

Gosport, Hampshire
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed there on business, I thought it was a pretty swish hotel, had most things you could want. Food was very good, rooms were good (bathroom was a bit small, and shower was a bit "limp") hotel was very clean and smart.

It is on the main road to the airport, but traffic is a nightmare going into Jeddah, and to get back on the road to the airport you have to do a big loop, so allow at least 45 mins, when it is busy.

Most people there were businessmen, a few toursist were ther, but what they were going to see, I do not know, as Saudi Arabia is not a tourist destination as far as I can see.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This is an acceptable hotel for a Buisness stay in Jeddah. Not quite the standard of some meridians around the world but ok by some of the standards found in saudi city's. Nice touch on arrivAl list of things not allowed to be taken into rooms includes no soldering irons or lethal weapons without the permission of the management !!! Rooms clean service good and security high

Room Tip: Get the SPG floor if you can
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Hi,
I had a stay at Le Meridien in Jeddah for more than a week, its a very pleasent and very cool stay. I actually enjoyed my stay in that Hotel. I also enjoyed the Break-fast, Lunches and delighted Dinners over there. So i will prefer to recommend this hotel to every one.

Room Tip: every room is good.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Bournemouth
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Good clean friendly hotel. Flatscreen tv. Wifi. Tea coffee. In rooms. A little tired around the edged for example in bathrooms mastic coming off round bath. Shaver point not working but nothing serious. Comfortable. Always carry photocopy of passport and hotel address. Don't be seen talking to female company unless you are both married. Church police here very serious. 2 of our crew arrested for chatting not a good experience

• Stayed September 2011
LMJ-Management, Manager at Le Meridien Jeddah, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Greetings from Le Meridien Jeddah.

We highly appreciate your time for giving us your feedback, compliment and we truly thank you for tagging us as a Friendly Hotel.

We are also extending our utmost apologies for the experiences you have encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments were handled accordingly. Corrective measures have been taken in order to avoid such in the future.

Thank you for sharing your experiences about the governing rules of the country. These will really help our readers and our future guests to take extra measures in order not to face any problem during their stay in Jeddah or in any part of Saudi Arabia.

Again, thank you for the support in our property and Brand!

The Hotel Management