Sheraton Jeddah Hotel
$125
Priceline
$477
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe club loungetropical gardenhotel facilitiesfree internetsaudi arabiamain restaurantannexcornichesearamadan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had known before coming that hotel is under renovation. It was one of the two main reasons to stay at S. this time. I had written a not very good review for TripAdvisor some years ago, and I wanted to check it up again. Due to the fact that S. possesses a nice private beach I did not hesitate to repeat the experience. What I met there this time is as follows:
PROS - really nice beach, good reef for diving and snorkeling in Obhur, large and comfortable deluxe room in Jeddah, good quality of breakfasts, shisha bar, accurate room service, comfortable airport transfer, free basic internet, agile check in/out.
CONS - beach shuttle from Hatco-punctual, nice drivers, but the bus itself does not live up to the quality of neither hotel nor beach experience. Definitely to improve. During really busy Eid breakfast time, the staff was not managing the crowd well. It is a polite version of what happened.
Overall experience is excellent. I hope the renovation will add a new soul. Definitely I will return to see the results of renovation activities.

Room Tip: Try shisha - really good quality
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Herbert Z
The beach shuttle and its service is already improved. Hotel is having a major renovation and it will end at the end of 2014. After renovation you will find hay fully modern renovated hotel.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

adequate hotel, undergoing major 'facelift'... hopefully this will eradicate a lot of the negative and dated opinions i have. Staff seemed very pleasant, rooms were always clean. breakfast was good.
I would stay again, especially once all the work has been finished, (mid 2014 i think)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Mr. Karl B
Thank you for kind review about our hotel. The renovation is still going on and at end of 2014 you will find a complete new hotel. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know when you return again – we look very much forward to welcome you back!
Regards

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed 2 nights and sadly had to switch hotels for the rest of my stay. First I was checked in the main building and the room was really bad and outdated, plus the toilet was in a bad shape. I changed rooms to the new rooms in the next building but overall my stay was no good. The staff tried their best to make it comfortable but I will never stay their again until the ongoing renovation is completed.

Room Tip: do not stay in the main building, rooms are outdated.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Mr. Rami O
First of all thanks for you comment about your stay in hotel. Please accept out apology for your bad experience in our hotel. Our hotel is in renovation process and it will be completed at end of 2014. We noticed your complains about washroom and it will be resolved shortly.
regards
Executive office

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here a few nights on business and it was a good location, with acceptable facilities, service and pricing. It is convenient for the airport, but far enough away not to be impacted by noise. Renovation is underway, but it was not a great problem. You can go out and walk along the sea shore across the road... there is a promenade... would be much better if they kept the sea cleaner, but that is probably not the hotel's fault. I do agree the wi-fi connection is poor, but at least it's free

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear MidlandsFlyAbout,
thank you for your kind review of our hotel – I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us! your complain about wifi connection is noted and will be fixed soon. Please let us know when you return again – we look very much forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

we stayed at this hotel while on business and while the hotel building is dated the rooms themselves are fine. We had a deluxe room in another building which was quiet and private. The hotel is currently undergoing a major renovation and so the above comment may not apply for long. Others have commented about the spotty wifi, which i also on one occasion found to be true, but this was the only real negative i observed. It is also annoying to have to relogin every 4 hours but it is free for spg members. We ate at the waha coffee shop and the food and service were good while the view was exceptional. i have stayed at the much fancier hilton down the road and found it to be underwhelming and overpriced. This is a great option for a cost conscious traveller and with new restaurants and favilities opening soon should give the hilton a run for its money.

• Stayed: June 2013
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Tallool,
thank you for your kind review of our hotel – I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please accept our apology for wifi log in problem, we will look at this matter as soon as possible and hope you will not face any problem next time.