“Early check in”

Sheraton Jeddah Hotel
Ranked #25 of 169 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I arrived early morning 8 am from an overnight flight and thank goodness got my room immediately with no fuss. The hotel is under a big renovation but my room was in a separate building and therefore had no noise disruption. The room was big and spacious with a view over the tennis courts.The restaurant for breakfast was also closed for renovations but a separate room next to the pool open with quite a good view of the Red Sea. Service was fine, the location not far from airport and the downtown area quite good, also for an evening walk to the small coffee shops & mini market next door and the waterfront. In the evening the outdoor poolside becomes a big terrace with food service and water pipes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Jean C
thank you for your kind review of our hotel – I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please let us know when you return again – we look very much forward to welcome you back!
Yours sincerely,
Abdul Basit

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Jeddah Hotel

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Check in - standard - no issue

Room - my room was spacious however housekeeping left a lot to be desired. - visible dust throughout.

Housekeeping - as above, no facecloths in room and no understanding of an empty water or shampoo bottle in the bathroom (which would normally have been taken away anywhere else)

Laundry - not great - make certain you follow up to get it back. I had requested starch on shirts and not done!!

Engineering - noisy - particularly just outside of room. 201 where renovation work is going on. / one morning - no hot water. Door to balcony literally needs both arms to open as the track is filthy and could use a lubrication.

Restaurants - okay - nothing special

Business Center - okay

Responsiveness to issues by management after bringing awareneness - apologizes but nothing seemingly is done!! No credit value for issues.

Check out - availablility of late check out - not too much of an issue.

General - I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Extremely dissappointed and would not stay at this hotel in future. Frankly, the Sheraton name should be taken off the walls of the building since it greatly tarnishes the brand!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments and ratings which we have taken careful note of. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you have encountered. Whilst the hotel is indeed going through a major renovation that will transform and upgrade the entire building including all rooms and restaurants by late 2014 we do take special care to avoid any disruption to our guests. Whilst we do succeed most of the time clearly in your case we missed it and the housekeeping standards fell below the fine quality of service we aim to maintain. Once again my apologies and I would like to discuss your concerns further in order to ensure we do avoid such issues in the future. Therefore if you do wish to assist us in avoiding a recurrence to your observations please do not hesitate to contact me at abdulbasit.zia@sheraton.com

Thanks & Regard
Abdul Basit

Reviewed April 24, 2013

hotel is undergoing renovations. but this wasnt too distruptive in terms of noise. it will be nice when its finished. They were good organsing transport and were flexible with the room hours, i was on layover at Jeddah airport, and needed the room from 8am till 6pm.
i stayed there again on the way back, so that testifies that i found it acceptable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

“Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We will be reopening the completely renovated restaurant along with enlarged and remodeled kitchens late May 2013. No doubt these enhanced and modernized facilities will ensure service delays will be avoided.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location is very good but the service standard is way below the 5star rating. The duty manager was very irresponsible and never called me for a complaint in spite of 3 reminders. When you stay there it means they are doing a favour. Morning breakfast was good but the delay in room service is unbearable. Internet is very slow and no one comes to rescue for a very long time. don't expect anyone to pick up line even after 10 rings. Minimum 10 rings is a norm.

Room Tip: choose the sea facing room. it is fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Abdul B, Manager at Sheraton Jeddah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are certainly disappointed that your stay was not at all it could have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of our team. Your comments have been shared to all our team members in order to ensure that this kind of experience will not be repeated.
Once again please do accept my apologies and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Jeddah Hotel.

Executive Office
Sheraton Jeddah Hotel & Resorts.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is overlooks the sea and if it was in Europe, this would be a lovely place to stay. Sadly, there is not much going on Jeddah, let alone on the beach opposite the hotel. So do not go there thinking the beach location is a plus point and you will have fun on the beach. Sunbathing and running around in beach clothing is strictly not allowed. However, the hotel is a pleasant retreat from such restrictions as you can swim in the lovely swimming pool without much frowning from the locals. The bedroom was comfortable, but I found the bathroom a bit small/compact. Generally, it is not a bad place to stay and I would recommend it for business stay. I didn't see any families staying here. The food choice on the menu at dinner time was not great so you may just as well go for the buffet. However, it is not cheap and the prices are in par with any European restaurant in any decent hotel. The breakfast had a bit more variety with a decent choice of buffet and cooked food. On the whole not a bad place to stay when in Jeddah.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Emirdubai
Reviewed December 23, 2012

we booked in Sheraton, jeddah for 3 days in December 2012. we thought like other sheraton 5 stars hotel.
i shocked when the porter open the door, the carpet was soo dirty, the smoking smell is aufel, the toilets wasn't clean, all the furniture was old & needs to be replaced.
i call them and asked for a new room, they transfer me to a new room same as the previous one.
very bad experience in Sheraton Jeddah.

Room Tip: higher floors have less noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank mohameddubai1990
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My frist impression was bas as I was not informed at the time of booking the hotel is undergoing renovation. The rooms reminded me of my childhood as it seems they have never changed since (except the flatscreen TV).

The breakfast room is not even in the same building - thank god I was visiting during the winter otherwise I probably would have melted on the way.

I went for a conference and to my surprise, the ballroom of the hotel is not even located in the same compound but rather a few minutes away. They didn't even have a shuttle service and we had to take a cab to go from the Sheraton Hotel to the Sheraton Ballroom ... ridiculous!

More surprising was that the hotel was apparently full but when I went to the only non-all day dining restaurant which was the chinese on the top floor - I was the only one in the entire restaurant.

Overall very lonely and dingy - definitely will never go back unless I have no choice. The only good thing was the sea view.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor as there is a high concrete wall blocking your view to everything
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business