“A Pretty Good Place to Stay”

Jeddah Hilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Jeddah
San Francisco
“A Pretty Good Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is only by second trip to KSA and my first to Jeddah. According to my Saudi hosts, the Hilton is considered to be the best commercial hotel in the city. The room I had, on the 6th floor, faced the city (sort of) and was certainly quiet enough--no street noise, no sounds of doors banging. It was reasonably compact although big enough for one person, same story with the bathroom. The room and bath were in fine shape, but certainly not luxurious or outstanding in any particular way. The buffets--breakfast, lunch, dinner--were all excellent and the service in the hotel was also quite good--took them not very long to replace the filter in the AC unit to make the room reasonably cool. The lobby area is quite impressive. All in all, very comfortable and just fine for a business trip.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the city are probably quieter than those facing the sea and the road that runs by t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Professor44
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Jeddah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back whenever travel brings you back to Jeddah.

Kevin Brett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I returned to this Hotel after nearly 10 years, and I was quite happy with the Rooms condition and impressed with the Room Service Food Quality, but overall the Health Club was an experience of its own.

Room Tip: It would be advisable to arrange paying your bill the night before your departure especially if you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Jeddah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Jeddah Hilton, we are grateful that you are still satisfied with our facilities and services and it will be our pleasure to serve you for another decade.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed in a few hotels in Jeddah now and for me this hotel is the best. The ONLY let down is the buffet.

The outdoor pool is great, as are teh leisure facilities. There is bowling, pool, snooker and in teh American Diner you can watch a range of sports. Hopefully this will become my regular hotel in Jeddah.

1 Thank joncooper79
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for sharing your stay at the Jeddah Hilton, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Should you need any of my assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have recently stayed for 3 nights at Jeddah Hilton. This hotel is located on Corniche area which very nice sea view and facility for walk in evening. Extensive security is maintained outside hotel which is really great. Despite few minor problems overall I enjoyed my stay at this truly five star property.My check in and checkout were both very quick and efficient.As I am a Hhonors Gold member, I did request upgrade at booking which was granted and I was upgraded to sea view executive king room on level 11. Rooms have balcony with wonderful views of corniche and red sea. In evening beautiful sea breeze greets you while relaxing in balcony. My king bed was huge and very comfortable. Room is quite spacious and large and cleaned daily by housekeeping. Bathroom/toilet was large with seperate bath and shower area. I was also happy to see a personalised welcome note from General Manager Mr Kevin Brett.It is great to see he takes personal interest and welcomes Hhonors elite members. Rooms have large LCD TV which range of channels but mainly arabic channels. They do have few news channels like CNN,BBC and few others like Discovery channel but I think their selection of Western channels could be improved. Their channel list (in room folder) was outdated which needs updating. I also used executive lounge which is on level 12 again with beautiful sea view and nice sitting area and classic decor. Breakfast in morning at executive lounge was good with made to order variety of omellettes available. Hotel lobby is really nice with water features and nice landscaped areas with indoor plants. There are multiple lifts so never have to wait too long. Our conference was in their grand ball room (which is really grand with state of the art audio-visual facility). Lunch during the conference was very nice with lots of traditional arabic dishes and wonderful variety of desserts and pastry. All the staff was attentive and helpful. I did note local arabic speaking staff sometimes struggle in understanding/communicating and I fould better to talk to expatriate staff to enquire/sort out minor issues. One of the day when I was there there was no hot water in morning so I had to take shower using cold water which was not really a nice start of the day. I think later they restored hot water in evening. I think premium hotel like Hilton should have some back up plan to avoid inconvenience to staff in such scenarios. Despite I paid for dinner and breakfast (Half board) rate I was instructed by check in staff to use executive lounge for both breakfast and dinner/snacks rather than their main restaurents which I was entitled to. I tried to clarify this with front office junior staff who reiterated same advice so I asked to speak to their supervisor and raise this with assistant front office manager Robert who was very helpful and sorted this out for me promptly Robert apologised for wrong information provided by junior front office staff. Robert was exceptionally helpful and easy to speak to. I must congratulate hotel management to have someone like Robert working for them who genuinely tries to help customers. I also found bellboy Qureshi very helpful. I think it is difficult to maintain exceptionally high level of customer service in a country like Saudi Arabia where customer service is not consistent at most premium hotels.I suspect Jeddah Hilton senior management probably faces similar problem with language barriers and cultural differences while trying to work with most local staff and I have faced similar problem dealing with them. There is certainly different perception of the concept of customer service in Saudi Arabia compared to Western countries. I felt Hilton still provided reasonably good level of customer service despite some shortcomings but from a premium luxury hotel like Hilton I would have expected better customer service especially misinformation by front office staff despite repeated queries . Overall I have enjoyed my stay and would recommend anyone wanting to stay in a nice location in Jeddah.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor sea view room.
4 Thank Travelfan123456
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed experience at the Jeddah Hilton, comments like this makes us proud. It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with our team especially to Robert and Qureshi.

I have also noted your comment regarding the misinformation and I will make sure that it will be communicated to concern personnels.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Jeddah Hilton whenever travel brings you back to Jeddah.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The room was not clean, there was not hot water in the shower, they never made or cleaned the room in two days, despite my calls, the front desk didn't answer the phone and kept me waiting for +20minutes. The hotel looks nice outside and welcome area, but this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed. Not recommended!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank expertaenviajes
JeddahHiltonAdmin, General Manager at Jeddah Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Jeddah Hilton and for taking the time to write to us. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I have carefully noted your comments regarding to improve the services of Housekeeping and Front Office Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service. This should have not been the case, and I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Jeddah Hilton on a future visit.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's a five star hotel, so expectation level is high.
Location: great for a walk along the corniche, unfortunate when your office in Baladiyah which is 1/2 hour away
Small things: list of tv channels in my room promised to include one of my home country. But when I went through all the channels with no success, help desk told me they had replaced the receiver and selected other channels then. They just forgot to update the printed list in the rooms.
Our room rate included Internet access, still first bill at check out showed extra charges for it. They corrected it immediately when I mentioned it.

1 Thank Wolf S
Dear Mr. Wolf

I have carefully noted your comments regarding to improve the services of our Front Office & Engineering Department. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service. This should have not been the case, and I have personally followed up to ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are immediately taken.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Liked the hotel for its location since it was far away from the crowded part of Jeddah, ambiance of the hotel was the best of all, rooms were big and spacious and the staff was also quite friendly, however net is not complimentary.. Would recommend for a visit to jeddah either with family or for a business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family