“A nice stay”

Ranked #5 of 163 Hotels in Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“A nice stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton even though we live in Jeddah as a change to the routine. All sea view rooms were sold out so they gave us a room which was on the 1st floor and the view consisted of 5% sea and 95% roof top!

The room was larger than I remember it was when I stayed last time in 2007. Bed is very comfortable, loads of channels on TV, cosy couch and chair with foot rest, and a spacious bathroom filled with standard amenities.

The staff were very quick and answered any request we needed for the room in good time. But the nice touch that really screamed "Hilton!" is that we had some special dietery food for my wife which needed heating. They took the food and instead of bringing it back in its boring plastic boxes, they brought in full china wear with all the utensils and even a bread basket. Now this is what a 5 star hotel is all about.

Best thing about this hotel is its lobby, one of the most spacious and elegant. waterfalls and artificial rivers surround you everywhere. Too bad this is not utilized with a nice seating area or lounge to enjoy the sound and view. All cafes and restaurants are tucked away because of the strict rulings of Saudi Arabia for family sections. So after wanting to have a late coffee, me and my wife decided to go back to our rooms, disappointed.

The breakfast buffet was something to write home about, with selections of English, Arabic, and American choices. We had a nice table which overlooked their gorgeous outdoor pool.

This hotel is worth the stay only if you don;t mind paying extra because it doesnt come cheap. But for me. the Rosewood is still my top hotel in Jeddah.

Room Tip: try to get a higher floor, never take on the 1st or 2nd floors on the side rooms because you will ge...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NileGuy77
JeddahHiltonAdmin, Director of Operations at Jeddah Hilton, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Jeddah Hilton and for taking the time to share your feedback on you recent stay with us. I will be delighted to share your views specially with our food & beverage team.

On your next stay with us, please let me know in advance in order for me to ensure that your reservations will be allocated on a higher floor for better view.

If I can be in any of your assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Milano
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A good business stop, nice location close to the corniche. Gallery shop (limited choice) available. Free internet in the lobby only. Good persian restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank lucabran
JeddahHiltonAdmin, Director of Operations at Jeddah Hilton, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experince with us. We look forward to serve you again on your future business visit in Jeddah.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Fun to look at the cars parked at the hotel. My first chance to look at a $2m Bugatti. Lots of neat cars. I stayed on the executive level. Very handy for the late flights out. My flight was at 10:30 at night. Definetely nothing to do at the airport
I did not go to the gym, but I had team of people. There was a sauna, snooker table and 4 lane bowling alley.
If you don't want to eat at a hotel restaurant, head north along the water. There are some fast food - like burger king and star bucks. I ate at Green Island. They spoke english. $20 meal, but it was in the open on the red sea. Just make sure you go in the evening when it is cool.

Security is very tight.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the Red Sea side. There is a mosque in the complex and I recieved a 5AM wake up ca...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Jeddah Hilton and for taking the time to share your wonderfull experince with us.

I look forward welcoming you once more at the Jeddah Hilton, should you need any of my assistance please do not hesitate to contact me via Executive Office +966 2 659 0000 ext. 3505.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed with my family at the Hilton for one night in July 2011. We had 2 double rooms but they were not connecting. Lovely swimming pools. Breakfast great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
, Director of Operations at Jeddah Hilton, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Jeddah Hilton and for taking the time to share your ecperience with us.

For your future visit please let me know in order for me to ensure that your specifications are taken care.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Presented a number of conferences at the five star Hilton Jeddah Hotel. So my impressions here are based over time and many sessions.

Although the hotel looks wonderful and impressive, the Conference Section was a big disappointment and with professionalism and service levels of three star level hotel.

For instance, with my first session I was asked to change the venue room at 11:00 (after we had already started) because of an "administrative mistake" with the room allocation! I initially refused, by they absolutely insisted and forced us to move. How utterly unprofessional!

On more than one occasion we were put in a room that was too small for the number of people resulting in a crammed learning environment.

Some rooms also still have very old /weak data projectors (the brightness of which is probably expressed in "candle power" I think!). A room with a projector cable fault was still there four weeks later when I returned (gives wrong colours). I think they must be trying their luck with new groups every time to accept these old and poor quality projectors – but this is ridiculous considering that projectors are not expensive anymore!

Internet access rates are SR100 per PERSON per day! No group rate published at all and it looks like the Hilton still tries to make some silly money off something that is really just about free to deliver and is now indeed free at most conference venues. It irritated everybody with iPads a lot. Really!

Did not get new flip chart pens with each new session. Eventually bought my own at Jarir so that I always had multiple colours.

Although there are nice pastries in the morning and during breaks, these are sometimes removed so quickly if you break just a few minutes later than planned that you almost have to grab it while you can. The one coffee machine was also constantly not working with "service tray full" errors etc.

At least lunches were really great and I also appreciated the friendly service of the young support assistants. They were always willing to help, no matter what.

Overall a big disappointment. Participating ratings 2.35 out of 5 for venue. In my view, there are many other conference venues in Jeddah that should be considered rather than to put up with these bad service levels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Christiaan M
, Director of Business and Development at Jeddah Hilton, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us. We truly appreciate your comments and rest assured that we constantly strive to improve guests’ satisfaction. Should travel brings back you to Jeddah Hilton, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

I have carefully noted your comments and I am pleased to inform you that we have started our renovation plan since few months. Our rooms’ $ 10m renovation should be completed by 31st August 2012 and we will move to the next phase which will include replacing the existing data projectors.

You should surely be aware that a function sheet is issued for every event or meeting detailing the requirements requested by the organizer including the meeting room selection, facilities , coffee breaks timings etc . As per our quotation we offered only one flip chart per room per day. The organizer also had a choice of 18 meeting rooms and 2 ballrooms representing more than 5,000 sqm and he chose the meeting rooms mentioned in your comments. The first one was for 35 guests while the second one was for 20 Guests.

The company’s coordinator preceded your arrival and he is the one who advised us that your meeting should be held in Dhahran meeting room and not Hada/khobar meeting rooms.

INTERNET CONNECTION
All our meeting rooms and ball rooms are built with Wi-Fi & Cable internet connections. We also create group internet user name & password for any number of guests as single login details but this should be agreed prior to issuing the function sheet. Also if you require 25 user internet connections, we could generate a single user name & password for 25 concurrent users.

Internet prices for groups are to be negotiated and agreed prior to the event. Even though the organizer did not request internet connection, we were please to offer you complimentary internet connection for 3 days.

Please feel free to contact me for any further clarification or request and I am looking forward to meet you during your next stay.

Inayat Ramjean
Dir. of Business & Development
Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is one of the best luxury and affordable hotel we can find. It has a prime location as it is located on the sea view of the red sea. The hotel has great swimming pool and gym. The offer spa services and can organize scuba diving trips.
All rooms has a balcony and nice bath room.

Room Tip: Try to take the see view room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Jeddah Hilton, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and on behalf of Jeddah Hilton team I am proud that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

If your future travels bring you back to Jeddah, it will be my pleasure to welcome you once more.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,378 helpful votes
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is one of the nicest hotel in Jeddah. It offers a great view of the red sea and the beach road ( KORNEECH ) . Services are great and the restaurants offer great food with the best chef in Jeddah.

Room Tip: Take only a sea view room on top floor , It is noisy at night specially after a football match.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank M O
JeddahHiltonAdmin, Manager at Jeddah Hilton, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind words expressing your stay with us.
Should your future travels bring you back to Jeddah Hilton, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely