All reviews fish market restaurant the club lounge business trip jeddah fountain old style room was spacious room service excellent hotel comfortable stay nice location short stay spear corniche sea gym meeting mr
Selected filters
Reviewed March 12, 2017

Sea view is excellent. Services and food are luxurious , personnel are experienced in serving and polite, the SPA and fitness club is wonderful with expert , helpful , and excellent persons, beside that it is not expensive.

Room tip: The sea view is preferable
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Warm greetings from InterContinental® Jeddah !

Thank you for the wonderful review. We really appreciate your comments regarding our room view, services, cuisines and Fitness Center. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. Our commitment is to provide world class services. Rest ensured, that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

A touch of intercontinental with a local varnish.... A place you feel more comfortable than in town, no more traffic, more open minded approach where you may meet men and women from all the continents, where the cuisine tries to keep you feeling home, but do not expect more than a alcohol free beer... You are still in ksa

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2017

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

I stay quite frequently at Intercontinental Hotels within Saudi Arabia and the GCC. My experience is based on similar hotels in the region.

Arrival to the hotel was by a pre booked car service. For the next 40 minutes, the driver moaned about his situation and working in Saudi Arabia. Not really what I was expecting, but it set the level for the next days.

Check in was conducted in a lacklustre style by staff who looked bored and uninterested. Arrival to my room - key didn't work properly and I waited 20 minutes for someone to come with a fresh key.

Room was fine but dated. Mini bar not refreshed.

I requested that the manager email me regarding an issue with my stay. I am still waiting for an email. That's not really acceptable.

Bell boys seemed more intent on playing games on their mobiles than seeking onto do their job. Some restaurant staff also. Bell boys seen actively walking away from doors rather than helping customers!

Food offering is excellent, but service is lacking in general.

Overall, not a bad property but a LONG WAY from the service standard of other IHG IC properties. I'd be hesitant to return, as I have experienced much better service in other hotels in Jeddah.

1  Thank Clareandken
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Dear Clareandlken,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with the property and the services you have received during your recent stay at our hotel. My team and I will definitely look into all your commented points to do the appropriate corrections.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you as per your expectation and looking forward welcoming you back at our hotel.
I would appreciate if you could contact me direct via e-mail in case you have another visit at our hotel in near future.
E-mail: intercontinental.jeddah@ihg.com

Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

I have been staying a few times for business in Jeddah.
In a bustling town on the edge of the Saudi culture, on the shores of the Red Sea, mixed with African influences and people and as a transit town to Mekka, I find the Intercontinental a reliable, safe and luxurious place to stay and forget the hectic hustle and bustle of the city. It is well located by the sea promenade and close to the iconic giant fountain. The business districts are easy to get to.
It is a hallmark of quality that its Arabian buffet restaurant is always packed with local business men and well-to-do families.
As a veggie I always enjoy the rich choices I get in terms of Lebanese-inspired Arabian food, hot and cold.
The bar has both a nice inside and outside area, which is great to catch the cool evening breeze from the sea.
Some people say the furniture in the rooms is dated but while they may have some years, I find them quite nice and charming.
Great place to stay that never fails!
Below a view from the hotel and a view of the port, not taken at the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2017
1  Thank EdwinVdO
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2017

Warm greetings from InterContinental® Jeddah !

Thank you for the wonderful review, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, restaurants and cuisines. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide the best customer service, that our guests expect. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with concerned departments to motivate our employees.

Hope that we will have the pleasure of greeting you again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 6, 2017

The InterContinental Hotel in Jeddah is very nice with a lot of different facilities. My first impression was amazing, friendly staff welcoming you at the door and the hotel grounds are very clean. Check-In process was smooth only thing I would have appreciated was to be offered a newspaper as I am used to by this hotel chain. My room was very spacious with a nice little balcony. The bed is very comfortable offering you a good night sleep. Once again it was very well maintained and quite modern considering the hotel is several years old. The Club Lounge has a wide range of different products available and is definitely worth booking. The quality and the selection was on the spot. Other than that the hotel offers several dining venues. Name it and I am sure you will find it in one of the plenty restaurants. The room service menu offers several dishes from the restaurant. The Sea food market restaurant serves you fresh fish which you can selected before it is being prepared. The Sauna and steam bath is available to late in the evening and is a very nice touch. A pool is available as well. I was very unsatisfied with the check-out. The bill was correct and the process smooth but Noel displayed a attitude that was not acceptable. Not interested in how my stay was neither was he interested in maintaining the good image the InterContinental brand creates for top tier club members. As good as my first impression was this was just disappointing for a brand I always chose. Besides this I have had a very good stay at the InterContinental and can only recommend this property. The curtesy of other staff members is outstanding and a can do attitude is displayed. All services are timely and very efficient.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank worldtravelchris
Alzahrani_jeddah, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2017

Norbert H. Borszcz