“Maintaining a standard”

Ranked #2 of 163 Hotels in Jeddah
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Maintaining a standard”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My stay at the Intercontinental Jeddah, albeit short, was yet another successful Intercontinental experience. From the moment I set foot in the hotel, until I left to the airport the staff was eager to help. The room was very nice, more amenities than I needed were available.

The only drawback, if it can be considered one, is the room service. I ordered a green salad and a lasagna. Wasn't a big fan. However, the breakfast buffet made up for it. One of the best I've seen.

They had a Shisha cafe that I sat in. A bit pricey for Shisha but expected at a hotel such as the Intercon. Lovely place nonetheless.

All in all, great staff, great location, great rooms; they retained this client.

Room Tip: King Bed Deluxe Room is more than enough for a solo traveler or a couple with no children. Higher fl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jeddah and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Indeed we are thrilled as to your overall positive comments.

As to your other productive feedback, I have shared your valuable comments with my team, to enhance and to improve.

Should travel ever bring you back to this part of the world I would appreciate if you could contact my office directly.

Salem Al Shahrani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Philippines
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I arrived late after midnight and staff at reception and bell hop all great. I came for a conference so the room was just a bed. The rooms were well aired, cool, clean, fresh and the bathroom shower exceptional standard with high end toiletries; shampoo, body wash, razor & cream, q tips, loofer, toothbrush, paste etc etc. all very good. My room was in the corniche annex which was ok, but the view..... Well I know the hotel cannot change the backdrop, but for a high end hotel they could conceal the overflowing bins, is not a purpose built tree covering out of the question for example. Breakfast usual middle eastern variables of chicken or beef sausages, hash browns, beans, fruit cereals etc. ok but attention to detail required, and to be frank commonplace errors across gcc.

Room Tip: Don't request a room overlooking the bins, cos you might just get it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NewportYfenni
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave your review. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing.

We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Jeddah whenever your travels bring you to Jeddah.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've stayed here three times now. Each time, my room was large, clean, comfortable and relatively modern. The style of the hotel and corridors are a bit overly ostentatious with wood panelling and mirrors, but this doesn't take away from the experience. On my last stay here, I had the chance to use the pool, which was really nice. There's a large lap pool with about 2.5m depth from end to end with four or five swimming lanes, and two smaller adjoining pools of decreasing depth for lounging and for kids and toddlers. Use is limited to males and females aged 10 and under, which is a real pity. There are three restaurants (or more?) which are ok if a little pricey.

Room Tip: I've downrated the spa as it's really only usable by men, and the breakfast because the buff...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
We thank you immeasurably for sharing your stay experience with us. It is great to see that our efforts have not gone unnoticed by our valued guests such as yourself.

Regarding the rules about the usage of the swimming pool, we do apologize but this is bound by the norms here in Saudi Arabia.

We will be more than happy to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back again to Jeddah.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

it is a classical intercontinetal hotel in jeddah and we did went there forthe two last night, after long businessmeeting and conferences in jeddah. there was a top service and very friendly. imposant hotel lobby and nice for relaxing there. there was also a good restaurant at the hotel, where we went two times for dinner. hotel is not cheap, but we got really very high and friendly service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on InterContinental Jeddah. We are very glad that you were satisfied with the hotel services.

Emilia Romagna
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel is up to Intercontinental hotel chain, high standard, good service, plenty of choice for breakfast, fast service. A very large hall at the hotel entrance and availability of meeting rooms. I was positively surprised to have a newspaper offered to me at 4 am while waiting for the pickup to the airport

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jeddah and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Indeed we are thankful for your overall positive comments.

We will look forward to welcome you back in the near future and please let me know personally if I may be of any assistance.

With best regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

What a kind of hotel is it? What kind of service is it? If you want to spend a lovely vacation with your family to Jeddah, please be sure to make InterContinental Jeddah your favorite destination.

Helpful staff with a lot of unexpected surprises. In the moment that they realized that it was my wedding night, they immediately upgraded my room to a lovely suite with a lot of red roses and decorations really they had created memorial moments which will last in my mind for ever.

More than that I received two free dinner vouchers in AlFerdaus restaurant.

I don't know how they make it and how they think about it? but really it was a lovely touch.

For that I do really thank all Inter-Continental Jeddah staff for their help, support, and professionalism. Please be sure to stay in Inter-Continental Jeddah for one night and you will know and see what I am talking about.

Thanks a lot Inter-Continental Jeddah.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
It is an absolute delight read your amazing review. These moments when we receive an excellent feedback from one of our valuable guests, it’s making our hours of hard work seems nothing compared to the satisfaction we achieve.

We will look forward to welcome you back. And please let me know personally if I may be of any assistance to you.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 8, 2013

For work I stay about 80nights a year in various hotels, I prefer the intercontinental brand as the hotels are normally really nice. I found reception very unhelpful at check in, plus the in house manager even as someone who paid to upgrade their loyalty program, the only thing they offered was not to charge me for early check in, which I get with my company rate. The rooms are average, my sea view also had loads of rubbish just left laying around, the additional extras I had to call 3 times for. As a business hotel, this place is very lacking for me personally. Next time I'm in Jeddah I will go to the Hilton, at least there I get what I pay for! Over priced, average service.

The bell boys and car from the airport were great, but the rest of the service, is very wanting!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Mr. Karl,

First at all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review at this forum, regarding your experience at InterContinental Jeddah.
I regret very much the inconvenience that may be caused to you, while you stayed with us. I assure to you, that your productive comments will be taken into consideration by our Management Team, to improve the future service to our Guests.

Should you ever be back to Jeddah - KSA, I would very much appreciate, if you could contact my office directly.