“This hotel is awesome”

Ranked #2 of 157 Hotels in Jeddah
Cairo
“This hotel is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was there in Ramadan , the place is very nice , very friendly and happy to help you , the food is extravagant, I loved also the walk on the red see at night and the nice gym and spa they have , just make sure when you reserve for dinner that you choose the large restaurant because the small one is not as good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Amir,

It is an absolute delight read your amazing review. These moments when we receive an excellent feedback from one of our valuable guests, it’s making our hours of hard work seems nothing compared to the satisfaction we achieve.

We will look forward to welcome you back during your coming visit to Jeddah. And please let me know personally if I may be of any assistance to you.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Hotel is now in need of a serious renovation as the price cannot be justified anymore.The internet is an absolute disaster and had so much trouble with connectivity that I at the end gave up

Please see previous review from me for hotel details

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear lost_dogg,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with the property and internet services received during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and to provide you with a wonderful experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
La Spezia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

It was a too short stay in Jeddah and in this gorgeous hotel. Not much to say for such high level Hotel Chain, as Intercontinental is. In a classic style with impressive decorations in the reception area. Room also in a classic style and very clean. Mine had also a nice view on the sea side, with the fontain lighted during the night. First time for me in Saudi Arabia, I discovered an amazing country with a very high quality of services. Staff very respectful and kind. Great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ANCC1970
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Jeddah and for sharing your kind feedback.

We look forward to welcome you back at InterContinental Jeddah.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here for half a year working on a project in Saudi. I have to say I'm very positive about it in general, the stay could have been a lot worse than it was.
The hotel isn't newly refurbished or anything of the like, it's a bit 80s but then again even the new bits of the middle east seem to be, that's just the style. However since it's built as luxury it always feels very comfortable even though it's out of fashion and a bit old. Rooms are a bit dark but given the force of the sun that's no bad thing. The whole region is slightly nocturnal so I'm not sure light rooms is really a design concept.
Service is great, I always felt like a prince. Nothing else to say here other than that the staff are on really small wages, they are away from their families for two years at a time and tips even very small ones go a long way to making them fall over themselves to help you (although they are already doing so anyway).
The place has a good gym, it's dated to look at but the machines are good, lots of heavy kit, it's never crowded and the instructors are great guys, always there, always helpful. Given that there's not much else to do in Jeddah I spent a lot of time here and by the pool (which is also good). Sauna could do with a refurb as it smells a bit moldy although someone did point out to me that not many people are going to ever be daft enough to use it in a city with 90% humidity in the summer...
Note to women: You can't use the gym, you can't use the pool. Sorry. However you can sit in the cafe without a problem on your own drinking coffee and eating cake. No-one will bother you. I regularly saw women doing just this.
Room service is good. Can be much cheaper than the restaurants and is the same food. Expect huge portions, absolutely ridiculous. Feeds 2 from one meal easily.
Taxis from the hotel drive with more care than the ones from outside the gate. If you are at all scared of the roads in Saudi (and you should be believe me) then this is the option to take.

Room Tip: Make sure you get non smoking!!!! The definition of non is a bit fluid in the middle east.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Another_Telecom_Guy
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Jeddah and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Indeed we are thrilled as to your overall positive comments.

As to your other productive comments, I have shared your valuable observation with my team, noting that we have newly opened a ladies gym for our in house guests.

Should travel ever bring you back to this part of the world I would appreciate if you could contact my office directly.

Riyadh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

The reception staff needs to be more welcoming guys, they didn't even smile.. They need some some courses on how to deal with new guests !
I loved the lobby, No activities in the hotel.. The vairities of food and quality that served to the room is not that much! I experincing a slight issue that related to power source failure in the hotel twice but there is a power generator which is fine!
The laundry service is really expensive and no flexible on delivering time, also they trying to charge you even if you ask them to deliver the items an hour before the determined time.
Regarding the restaurant staff in the lobby, also they are not trained well to serve the guests and also they lost welcoming smile !
My experience overall is good !

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank 2faisal
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. Your productive comments will be taken into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Jeddah whenever your travels bring you to Jeddah.

Sincerely yours,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Highly recommended. Immaculate and impeccable service! staff provided high service. Food delicious and good location. would definately recommend. Loved the room service. Only drawback is there is no facilities for ladies...ie gym,spa

Room Tip: any room is good probably club room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shazy123
InterContinenta... M, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Jeddah, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcome you back at the InterContinental Jeddah.

Salem Al Sharani
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now and been very happy with the facilities and level of service. As a woman traveling only with other women for work in KSA I need a certain level of privacy and feeling of security, and this hotel gave me both. The hotel was very good about rearranging rooms to put my friend and I near each other, I appreciated this service.
The hotel buffet is excellent and we ate there several times quite comfortably, with no issues for seating (the waiters seem to seat one section as a "family" section, which is good.
The lobby and rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. The rooms have a coffee maker and tea items, which was nice. The bathroom had great amenities and excellent shower water pressure. The bed was clean and comfortable. These are the main things I need in a room and I was pleased with them. The beautiful views (once of the pool, once of the harbor) were a nice bonus.
The lobby shop has a number of useful things available for purchase-- I was able to buy a duffel bag quite cheaply when I needed an extra piece of luggage.
The only issue of concern we faced here was that my friend was given a non-smoking room that smelled strongly of smoke. She asked to change the room, and was accommodated immediately. They respond well to requests here.
Thank you for a pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to business travelers and others wanting a comfortable base.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank J F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience during your stay with us. I am pleased that you still have overall enjoyed your stay with us. I will be delighted to share your views with my team. I have carefully noted your comments and will make sure that it will be properly address and action.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you will have any future trip to Jeddah.