“Staying in Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam (Part II)”

Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam
Ranked #21 of 166 Hotels in Jeddah
Jeddah
“Staying in Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam (Part II)”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have made a review back in October about this hotel and I feel that I need to intervene again in order to ensure that no wrong impressions are left. As you might see if you browse the reviews I have been contacted by the IHGCare,Guest Relations Manager through Trip Advisor in an effort to resolve the issue of the Hotel laundry damaging my trouser (and affectively my 650EUR suite). Well not only they DID NOT compensate me (according to their policy they told me to give me 20EUR!) for the damage they caused due to their incompetence, but when I checked out they had the nerve to charge me for the laundry, which of course I paid!!! Well what else can I say, CUSTOMER CARE at its best, and unfortunately not only from this filthy, smelly, badly managed Hotel but also the IHG Hotel chain it belongs to!!!
On a positive note, there is no smell anymore, no bad service, no lifts not working (that was for the whole of January), no swage filling the streets outside the hotel etc etc, all has now been resolved…. I MOVED TO ANOTHER HOTEL!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear George,

We fully understand how frustrated you are about the troussers. As we already informed you personally in various occassions, the damage was not occured at our laundry.
Since we are in the process of installing new elvators there has been interruptions in the working of one of our elevators. We sincerely apologize if it caused any inconvenience to you.

Once again we regret to know that your stay with us was not up to your expectations. Your comments and feedbacks are highly valuable to us.

George, we are glad that we had an opportunity to serve you for the past few months. If we can be of any services during your stay in Jeddah please let us know.

Yours sincerely

Faisal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Holiday inn is one of my favorite hotels when I was younger in a small town in Indonesia but it's a totally different Holiday Inn they have in Jeddah when I visited during last fasting month. I don't mind about the old building but the room was quite damp I would say. Nevertheless I still had good night sleep. And I loveee the bathroom! Playful green and yellow tile colors just right to bright up my day. And it was very clean too.

I remember I got myself locked up in the public toilet for like 10 minutes but there's no hotel team came to me though I kept knocking on the door to get help. There's something wrong with the door lock, I hope they fix that already by now.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Miranti,

Thanks for your your time to share your experience. We are delighted to inform you that the hotel is in the process of renovation. Airconditioning system has been changed recently, now the elelvators are being repalced with new elevators and next phase is the floors.

Thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Best regards

Kuwait
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have stayed in the 10th floor on January 15-16, 2013. The room was big as well as the bathroom but need renovation. The room had a big window with swimming pool view, and it was very clean; but a little bit smelly. There was a problem with elevators, sometime one need to wait few minutes to get an elevator as there was a workshop. The staffs were very friendly and helpful with some exceptions. The internet is free. The area of the hotel is very crowded.

Room Tip: some higher floor rooms have good view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Ibiza,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to inform that we are replacing the all elvators in the hotel with new elevators. We look forward to serving you again in a near future.

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Checked in late and given a damp ridden room with bare electrical cables everywhere. As it was late, I tried to make do, only to feel extremely ill the next day. There was mould on the ceiling and air conditioning unit. I checked out at the first opportunity.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank qurde
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear qurde,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Jeddah hotels

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

i stayed in the 7th floor in this hotel last Nov. 20, 2012.
big room with big bathroom.
i love this hotel, very clean public area and restaurant is very cozy.
i just wish that the sport club and the pool would be open to females also.
it would be very relaxing if we could swim after roaming around balad area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Lilian,

Thank you very much for your time to write on TripAdvisor. We are glad to know that your stay at Holiday Inn Al Salam was comfortable and you enjoyed your stay.

Lilian, we look forward to welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam soon.

Regards

Reviewed December 6, 2012

good hotel for people who have a low budget as they can benefit from good price against good hotel. friendly staff a bit far from modern jeddah but overall had a good stay without any issues.rooms need to be renovated which i heard is gonna happen very soon.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Ameen,

We appreciate your comments. Renovation has already started, currently in process of installing new elevators. Renovating rooms will be starting in January.

Thank you once again and we look forward to the pleausre of welcoming you again in a near future.

Faisal.
Riyadh
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is quite old and needs to be refurbished but the staff there really made the difference
in my stay, They were very helpful in guiding me and leading delivering whatever i needed and they made my stay really remarkable. It is very good for people who have work in the area and has free internet that is very helpful and fast. The food is nice and i enjoyed my BF. Have been in many hotels before with much better physical condition but here the staff made a difference.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Saleh S
Deare Saleh,

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.