“Worst hotel ever.”

Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam
Ranked #20 of 168 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Dirty, smelly, terrible service. My colleague had ticks crawling in his bed; I suppose in comparison I was luckier than he was. Breakfast was ok, a lot of choice. Location very inconvenient for business travelers in general.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Henny2010
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Ms. Henny,

We appreciate your time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We regret to know that your stay was not pleasant last time. We have noted your concerns and assure you that we take necessary steps to resolve the issues you raised.

Look forward to welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Al Salam, Jeddah.

Best regards

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam

Reviewed October 20, 2012

One of the old 4 star hotel in Jeddah. The room is relatively old but big, wifi connection is extremely slow. Service is bad. Breakfast is good. Price is quite expensive. Please try saudi butter rice with mutton in lobby cafe.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The worst hotel I have ever been. Terrible service, terrible food, terrible and smelly rooms. They have damaged in the laundry my trouser from a suit that cost me 650EUR and they had the nerve to quote their policy of paying me 20EUR! I have never experienced a slower internet connection. The hotel is in the worst area of Jeddah. Good to use if there is absolutely no other choise.

Room Tip: Just don't use this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear George M,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I'm stayed two weeks in this hotel, and the quality and the cleanness of the room are good either if they are little old.
Every time that I used the laundry services at the evening i found in the room my object ready, except the last day that they arrived only after dinner after my claim.
The breakfast is good and various, but the dinner in the restaurant a buffet there was almost the same food every evening. Good fruit and sweet corner.
good the lobby bar also if is not various.
Good fitness center (the women cannot entry).
The internet connection by cable and wifi is not free (and expensive) and this is negative.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank frv_9
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Monza,

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. We have noted your concerns and we will look in to it.
We look forward to the pleasure of serving you again in a near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

In last 10 nights in Ramadan I couldn't find hotels avelable in Makkah and the prices too much if i found so I decided to stay in the hotel near bab Makkah station. It's a good location just 2 minutes walk and it's very clean and provide a calm atmosphere with a delicious food. Room is big enough and the service done when you need but it seems old building. The hotel has one pool.
I like it so much because it is closest to bab Makkah station. If you find Makkah hotels busy or very expensive the holiday inn will be the best solution

• Stayed: August 2012
Faisal M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Mr. Magdy,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Look forward for another opportunity to serve you in a near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I always ask for a non-smoking room, the front desk promised a room in a non-smoking floor, but i couldnt sleep as all furntiure smells of humidity and smoke. Very low hygeine standard, carpet has water flood stains all over, bathroom is not clean, curtains are dirty, the bathroom is the worst

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Fitiany,

we regret to know that your last stay with us was not pleasant. We have noted all your comments and we will do necessary actions.
Thank you for your time to share your experience and look forward to welcoming you again at Holiday Inn Jeddah - Al Salam.

warm regards

Reviewed September 11, 2012

very very very BAD respond regarding wifi on the rooms..today wifi is working good, tomorrow saying internet not available on the room, the next day wifi available again..bla bla bla...all the answer is just for escape from the situation..people do not asking for nothing!!
More than happy if they upgrade TV channel (more sport channel) and wifi available on the room... Consistency is need!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kop_Scouser
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Jeddah Al Salam, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Kop_Scouser,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by our WiFi connection. I am also sorry you were not satisfied with our in-room TV channels. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying with us.

Anthony M