“Cozy place”

Crowne Plaza Jeddah
Ranked #11 of 168 Hotels in Jeddah
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I have not stayed there so I can not choose "excellent" for the hotel as a whole, but I have been there for dining many times at the main restaurant and truth be told, they make the best Oum Ali (dessert).

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
cpjeddah, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
It was pleasing to know you had an enjoyable visit once again to Crowne Plaza Jeddah. Thank you for choosing us and for taking minutes of your valuable time to write a review.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Jeddah

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

I used to visit this hotel many times for business issue
Excellent allocation, service, health club ,housekeeping , food , rooms, and specially the front desk
Internet is perfect everywhere
Room equipments airport pickup with check in by iPad during the road

Stayed: May 2014
cpjeddah, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear Masoudiana
Thank you for your valued comments. We are indeed delighted to receive your good feed back with regard to staying at Crowne Plaza Jeddah . Again, thank you very much. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. Meantime, we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you at Crowne Plaza Jeddah - "Travelling for Success”

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This Crown Plaza is considered to be in a relatively good location in the city of Jeddah. It over looks the Corniche with Red Sea view from some rooms. It's close (less than 5 minutes) to the most active road (Altahlia Road), where you can find the the best restaurant's and Coffee Shops.

The hotel its self looks like a Holiday Inn, which actually it used to be. Although it's a 5 star Hotel, there is nothing luxuries here. The staff are fine but I won't say professional enough.

They have Free WiFi internet in the rooms, and if you are Platinum, you get a Free access to the Premium connection.

What I didn't like are the bed and pillows. My wife and I weren't feeling comfortable sleeping on them. The pillows seemed exhausted and aged, you know when you feel many empty spots on the pillow?

Bottom line, the hotel is good for short trips, specially if you want a location that is normally not crowded and where you can have access to restaurants and malls.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
cpjeddah, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Mesh3L
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Obviously we were alarmed and apologize concerning your experience We assure you that necessary measures have been put in place to address your concerns and hopefully welcome you back to the hotel in the right accommodation and experience of Crowne Plaza Jeddah “ Travelling for Success “

Best Regards

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I think I was lucky when I stayed in the hotel. It is a classic, well-respected, and clean hotel with free wifi everywhere in the hotel. I also got an extended check-out due to a late flight. Bed was extremely comfortable as well as the room in general. Food was also great and delicious.
I'm simply happy with this stay, it really felt great.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank NasserHumaid
cpjeddah, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Dear NasserHumaid:

Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Crowne Plaza in Jeddah meet the standards of the chain, very quiet, good service and quality of the infrastructure, the limousine service to airport or elsewhere is excellent and at a reasonable price. The real surprise was the Japanese restaurant inside the hotel, the Sakura is o e of the best Japanese ever had, outside Japan, of course.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear AleATrotter,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Jeddah.
It's pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and services .
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I hd the pleasure of living here for 6 weeks - and its a very relaxing place to come back to every night - the service was great consistently throughout the whole stay - and I always use this hotel for all meetings that we book at work

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve L

Dear Steve L,
It was pleasing to know you had an enjoyable stay once again at Crowne Plaza Jeddah. Thank you for choosing us and for taking minutes of your valuable time to write a review.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

So what normally happens when you turn up at a hotel at 8am and check in is at 2pm.. Well in my case not only was I given a room straight away I was upgraded to a business suite.

I have to say that was enough for me to say this is certainly a hotel I would recommend to others. But this level of customer service was not a one off. In room dining accommodated every request without issue and delivered my breakfast on the dot every day. Reception staff were helpful and informed which makes a change from some of my recent hotel stays.

During ramadan the restaurants were doing buffets and the food quite simply was fantastic. I would certainly go back here just for the food alone.

The room was big, well stocked and had 2 TV's .. err why ? Especially since every time I turned on one the remote also turned on the other one..

The hotel is located just off the corniche and a 45 second walk away and I had a view over the front of the hotel into a side street.

I rated the hotel excellent which I don't usually do because I had an excellent stay mainly due to the excellent service.

Negatives.. well the hotel uses a private company for their chauffeur service. The cars are old, messy and to be honest not what I would expect from the hotel. You're probably better off just grabbing a taxi from outside the hotel.

Would I go back yes most definitely but I do also like the look of the intercontinental next door so might give that a go next time.. Though I don't they would offer the great service I got at the CP..

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank nabz72
cpjeddah, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Jeddah, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear nabz72,
Thank you for appreciating our "friendly and helpful" staff and the room upgrade that you received.