“nice”

Description: GPS 21.575851,39.126922
Jeddah
“nice”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is an Italian restaurant that serves good food plus a nice ambience.

Visited May 2012

• Arabic first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“remarkable”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

finally non-smoking restaurant
Italian glimpses reflect in the restaurant style
so many delicious food &drink
nice service

• Visited November 2011
Saudi Arabia
“Great food....great hospitality!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Me & my Wife had a lovely night. The staff were very kind and attentive and you got the whole italian deal, We really like this place. The food and the service were both outstanding, Its a prefect choice for a special occasion. we will definitely be going back.... a lot!

• Visited February 2012
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Cute concept, Average food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The place was packed on a Friday afternoon, we were seated right away on a table that was kind of sticky. The restaurant was hot and there were flies. I noticed all the tables had large bowls of salad to share, reminded me of the Olive Garden back in the States. We ordered the wild mushroom chicken and the Chicken Pesto Pasta the chicken was tough and the mash potatoes were gluey. The pesto pasta had a good flavor but was quite a heavy cram sauce, so not really pesto sauce, more like pesto+cream.
I might consider giving it a second chance, but my first impression wasn't the best.

Visited February 2012
Jeddah
“The friendliest Italian restaurant in Jeddah.”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

In the last two years, a number of Italian restaurants opened in Jeddah. I dined in many of them, some even more than once, and when it comes to food, I liked each one in its own way. That being said, when it comes to overall experience, I would vote for “Piatto” as the best of all new Italian restaurants in Jeddah.
Jeddah, my city, is sadly, the worst of all the places I visited when it comes to smoking policy. The majority of cafés and restaurants owners go out of their way to accommodate smokers and leave us non-smokers with no choice but to put up with sitting in a less than desirable ambience filled with Shesha and cigarette smoke. If they feel generous, sometimes throw us a bone and designate a small area for us to just shut us up, and many don’t even bother with that. That is why I was pleasantly surprised when Piatto’s management took the very opposite attitude. The whole Family section, upstairs and downstairs, is smoking-free, and only a portion of the singles section is a smoking area. To me that is just marvelous.
I don’t want to sound as Piatto has only this thing going for it, in contrary. When it comes to its interior design, Piatto has a great vast look, helped by a large two level space. At its entrance, the restaurant has large glass windows that open it to the outside for the diners inside and invites the passersby to come in. Walls have pictures of Italian town and villages, and soft Italian themed music in the background will put you in a great mood. There are tables with makeshift partitions for the people who seek privacy beside open tables for the ones who want enjoy the vastness the pleasant ambience of the restaurant. For kids, a large playground is available so parents can eat with peace of mind. The Service is fast and friendly, and the menu is very wide and has many great items. When it comes to the price, and compared to its competitors, Piatto is actually quite affordable. Not only that, not only they serve patrons the customary complimentary bread basket, but also a large bowl of house salad. For my last visit, I had Bruschetta Trio as appetizer, Quattro Stagioni Pizza, and Quattro Formaggi Gnocchi for main. All of them I enjoyed very much. Their pizza crust is of the best in town, and the Gnocchi although heavy and creamy but fresh and delicious. That is why you might want to avoid filling up on the hot bread if you wanna leave room for your dishes.
The place will be worth a visit even if you are not hungry. They have selections of mouthwatering desserts and hot and cold beverages, so you can go there for that. They have a gelato station as well. I tried it once and it was pretty good.
I don’t want to beat their drums too much, and it is not that they serve the absolute best Italian dishes in the city (although they are up there). However, I would dare to say it is the friendliest Italian restaurant in Jeddah.

• Visited February 2012