“the only real beach in Jeddah”
Review of Silver Sands Beach

Silver Sands Beach
Ranked #13 of 54 things to do in Jeddah
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“the only real beach in Jeddah”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

WARNING- not open to public at islamic weekend. Open from 8.00am until 6.30pm. This is the only real beach in Jeddah. It has a long enough shore line to walk along, real sandy beach and a very large swimming area. You can almost imagine you are in Cuba. Umbrellas and loungers are included in the 50 SAR entry. Skimpy bikinis are ok as it still is predominantly a western beach. I do not eat in the cafe- the first time I dd there was a huge lump of mysterious bright blue stuff in my meal- they did not hardly apologise- I made them take my number to report it the suppliers- no conatct ever- and to top it all they did not even refund the meal price( which I had hardly touched). Susequently an acquauntance took a work trip there- and all the engineers got food poisoning. So I would advise to take your own food- hide in beach bag- they do not like big cool boxes. Coffee excellent from cafe. It is hard to find ( behind a tatty blue gate saying private residence) so try and go wityh some one- or a driver that knws where it si the first time. ( as usual there is no sign- as they are being discreet)

Visited June 2011