“Really worth the money and time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of qasr al wali

qasr al wali
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Aleppo
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
ıstanbul
“Really worth the money and time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

One of the best in Syria.Our receptionist Ammar in Dar Zamaria had reccomanded and the Armenian lady from whom we shopped also did. They first gave us a table inside since we had no reservation and it was saturday,later they've decided to move us to a nice table in the court yard near the music.It was a lot of fun.The waiter who insisted that he did not speak our language(which he did perfectly and it was a joke),the wedding party who turned out to be from our country,local people in their best suits,were all great fun.We ate good food and paid little.I highly reccomand this restaurant since this is my occupation as well.

Atlanta
“very good food, beautiful house, indifferent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

We had a very good meal here in this beautiful old house in June 2010. I was with a group that included both arabic and english speakers and we were all irritated by the service, which was either indifferent or slow-witted, hard to tell. The Syrians among us tried very hard to deal with the staff to get what we wanted and gave up in the end. Despite the irritation with the wait staff, the food was extremely good. Recommend the Hamarr (local fish) in lemon butter sauce for an entree -- delicious.

3 Thank Bijoux404
doha
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“aleepo the best city i have ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

the best food I have ever taste
one of the most beatifull restaurants

1 Thank muhannado
Beirut
“Great food, enjoyable atmosphere, better than any rest I've seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

Beeing Lebanese, I've tasted most of the best Oriental restaurants in my country. My visit to syria was very short but a friend recommended Kasr l Wali. The interior design surprised me, very classy, yet oriental and especially syrian. The food which is pretty much the same as lebanese cuisine is Excellent, better than the best lebanese restaurant. Try the KABAB B KARAZ, meat with a sauce of cherries and hommos with chicken.

1 Thank jess103
Athens
“Best place to eat - Original arabic food-Excellent space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

Being myself a regular there, having visit it for more than 40 times for dinner and lunch, as I was for business in Aleppo, it is the best place to be, try the local specialties without fear, taste a variety of kebabs, the local arak, listen to live music from a band with a singer and try at the end an excellent vanilla or chocolate ice cream and if you have some empty space left, their Arabic sweets.

1 Thank AndreasAthens