“pleasant cafe, very friendly”
Review of Novelty Cafe

Novelty Cafe
Ranked #27 of 265 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stopped off for some of their nice refeshing drinks, on a rather hot day. Sat on the balcony overlooking the street. Nice friendly service, do a small food range, and awesome cakes.. Chatted for a while with a regular ex pat.. Oh, and they have a lovely dog called George

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank alisdairt
Write a reviewReviews (227)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was there 3 times. Best Americano in town - from my friend Mike and best hot chocolate and mocha -from me. I had their vegan baguette that comes with a good side salad for lunch- crustiest baguette I've ever tasted. Filling was roasted capsicum, eggplants and hummus to make any vegetarian very happy. I was very tempted to have it again but I tried their Fritta - Best ever that I have so far. It will be hard to top that fritta for awhile I believe. Worth 3 visits and will come back again. The servers and owner are very welcoming and friendly and George the very regel dog didn't bother us for a bit. Love the location and people watching sessions. :)

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

This cafe decor is a mix of vintage and funky. Loved the book shelves where i can drink and eat at the same time! Staff service average- I guessed they enjoyed good traffic flow from tourists due to its perfect location .. it was nice to see vegan gluten free soup of the day on its menu board. This place serves cold press juices. I had the mango cold press at kip 27000.
Nice music in the background. Sounds like
Relaxed deep
House beats

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

This cafe is on the main street of Luang Prabang in the old town so the location is very convenient. The cafe looks nice from outside with a small terrace. The setting and design are cozy and pleasant. Drinks were good and staff were friendly.
This is a nice place to drink and to relax.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 25, 2019

The Novelty Cafe is a true gem. We went in to escape the heat, and wound up staying for an hour and coming back the next day. The staff are delightful and I appreciated their meticulous attention to coffee making detail. The almond croissant was the best I've ever had. The thai iced tea and the iced lao coffee were so so so good on a hot day.

Date of visit: June 2019
noveltycafelaos, General Manager at Novelty Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

We can't thak you enough for your amazing review. It is always apprectied when people take the time to say something nice.