“Nice lao food”
Review of Manda de Laos

Manda de Laos
Ranked #18 of 233 Restaurants in Luang Prabang
Description: MANDA de LAOS feature signature Laotian Family Cuisine specialty from all regions of Laos. Dine under the stars surrounded by a UNESCO classified lotus pond, immerse in a tropical ambiance. At sunset time sip a signature cocktail while watching the magic changing colors in the sky.
Reviewed September 3, 2016

The place is nicely set up, and stay at the good location which is only 10 minute by walking from night market.

Lao food is very nice, but a bit expensive what we had.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel connected to this restaurant and wanted give it a try because it just simply looked beautiful with the ponds and all. You should deff should book in advance if you want the couches or the seats with the best views as they tend to get real busy.

Food- the food here was the best I had in all of Laos and considering it was raining 80% of our trip cause of the monsoon season, all I did was eat. Dinner can be a little dark to take in the beauty of the place and to take good pictures but deff very romantic and cozy. The food was so delicious I went back for another day for lunch. I recommend the ribs. I been to all kinds of ribs fest in the states and in Canada and I can say it was comparable with a Laotian touch. Ohh and get the coconut rice- delicious.

Service-the service was on point in my books. Also u get a complementary appetizer which is nice. The bill is higher than other Laotian restaurants in the area but to western standards it wasn't bad at all. Deff worth it. I think my pictures will do some justice, give this place a try you won't be disappointed and again book in advance.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Manda De Laos is relatively new (9 months) so everything is excellent - this restaurant was among my favorite dining experiences in LPB. The waiters are friendly (and ask for feedback), the serving platters are aesthetically pleasing, the interiors are unique and the food is actually rather affordable for "fine dining", while also being delicious!

Reviewed August 24, 2016

We had a lovely dinner at Manda de Laos. The setting is spectacular -- a little oasis in the middle of Luang Prabang. Authentic Laotian food served by attentive and well informed staff. Well worth a visit -- and would be great for both sundowners and a special occasion.

Reviewed August 21, 2016

This restaurant is in a gorgeously romantic setting, with truly beautiful decor and table settings. The service is very attentive, the menu interesting, and the waitstaff speak good English and communicate well. If you are a upmarket traveller concerned with cleanliness or with special dietary requirements, I am sure these guys will nail it for you. They were very attentive to tailoring chilli levels to your tolerance too.
My only concern was that the food, while artfully presented, didn't showcase what I see to be the strength of Laotian cuisine. The flavours across five dishes and a couple of cocktails were not terribly complex or well balanced, and my inner chef kept wanting to adjust the salt, nudge down the sweetness, or up the acidity.
Personally I would come here for a drink at sunset to marvel at the lily pads, and then hunt down the finest street vendor or backstreet momma you can find. Which, of course, may not be everyone's cup of lemongrass tea!

1  Thank 278emiliet
Manda d, Manager at Manda de Laos, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Dear Emilie,

Thanks very much for your personal preference feedback.
We appreciate your comments, we realise the difficulty to please everyone' palate.

Although we work hard to make sure our Guests have a great time when dining at Manda de Laos, please do come back on your next visit to sample other recipes.

All of us at Manda de Laos