“Read about the Orphanage”

Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Luang Prabang
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have not been to the Lotus Villa yet. We are traveling there in March. However, in doing my research I was made aware of an orphanage outside of Luang Prabang. If you are traveling there, please look at this website. Andrew has shared with me that these children need clothing and of course money is always welcome. My 6 year old daughter has organized a clothing drive in her school. I've emailed everyone I know and I am collecting money. The response has been overwhelming. Each one of us has the ability to make a difference in the lives of these children.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 17, 2011

lotus villa was a very nice hotel. The courtyard is very beautiful and breakfast quite delicious. The staff were great and the rooms were clean and bright. We had a frangapeni room and stayed for four nights. It was so relaxing being there and evening drinks in the courtyard were something to look forward to. we saw the almsgiving one morning. It was so beautiful. My partner gave rice one morning and the hotel staff helped arrange the food, mat and gown. we were very grateful. Definitely would come back

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leeandrick
Reviewed February 12, 2011

the basics and only the basics. first the good: location (if you bring a flashlight for returns after dark), cleanliness. the bad: no amenities (microscopic soaps!), miserable shower and bathrooms, rock hard mattresses, no tv. i'd recommend paying more for a better place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rojersey
Reviewed February 9, 2011

A lovely hotel, set among a relaxing and lush garden which is rare in Luang Prabang as most hotels are directly on the street.
Rooms are simple but very stylish with many original ideas I'd love to replicate at home. They are absolutely spotless. And this is the first time I have enough light in a room to read late at night without squinting.
Breakfast is excellent, fresh baguette, organic Lao coffee, fresh fruit juice and homemade marmelade to die for.
Last but not least, staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. Even if their English is a little poor for some of them, they always try hard to please the guests. The aim of the owners is to set high quality service and they are succeeding.
I also enjoyed reading the hotel brochure, quite interesting and I was really happy to find a 1.5 l bottle of water every day.
It is absolutely lovely to come back to Lotus Villa after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Lotus Villas is a little boutique hotel that is within walking distance of all shops and restaurant of Luang Prabang. The hotel itself is very basic, but enough. There is no TV which for me (someone who likes to have the news on every morning when travelling) wasn't what I would expect from a boutique hotel.

The rooms themselves are very dark and the bathroom is a wet room, with the shower being behind the door in front of the toilet – takes a little getting used to I think. The comments about the beds are true, but we encountered hard mattresses just about everywhere we stayed in SE Asia - you get used to it.

The gardens that the hotel is set in is very nice and peaceful. Had one little problem one morning with breakfast which did not make us very happy at all, but they seemed to be very apologetic about it and actually I saw all of the staff talking from my room about it.

Nice little hotel with friendly staff - probably good value for money, however, I think I was expecting more.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pestef
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stayed with my wife and 2 teenage kids.
Everything was fine and staff were very helpful
They also support the local orphange and the owner took us with him on a visit. It was very humbling and we will support going forward
As mentioned above it suited purpose fully and is on the monks morning procession route.
our friends stayed in the Belle Rive which was also very nice but more expensive

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Wherever we travel, we need a soft, comfortable bed ... reckon it's an age thing. Ha ha. Anyway, before I booked direct with the hotel, I read reviews on TA (don't we all?!) and found that whilst everything else were above par, the bed wasn't. So I wrote to the hotel, explained the situation and Richard (one of the owners) responded and confirmed that all mattresses have recently been changed. The result? A medium-firm mattress with a soft topper. Excellent! So if you're a fussy traveller with "strange" demands, just go ahead and book the Lotus.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple