We stayed at the Lotus Villa for 3 nights and had a fabulous stay. The room was beautiful; with the front door facing the street (top floor) and a balcony over the courtyard. The owner we met was very friendly and gave us some great tips. We had trouble getting the hot water working our first day (user error - we were turning it in the wrong direction and not letting it run long enough), and he immediately helped out to make sure it worked.
The breakfast in the courtyard is wonderful; I highly recommend trying the Khao Soy (soup) from breakfast. It's similar to Vietnamese Pho, but even better. You have to give it about 20 minutes one you order, so we're just get up and tell them to start getting our soup ready while we got dressed.
The free internet in the lobby was very helpful, as well as the lock rental for the safe box in the room. You just pay a deposit for the lock and get it back upon checkout. The only downside is the rooster across the street which got us up early every morning...but that's no one's fault! We got used to it...and they're everywhere in town. :)
Luang Prabang is a wonderful town and we loved it there. March was a bit off the usual because of the farmers burning in the mountains - so, very smoky air. We loved our visit, and the Lotus Villa was the perfect place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the UNESCO precinct of Luang Prabang, Lotus Villa is an established boutique hotel with 15 tranquil rooms and 2 suites. Nestled amongst cafes, temples, restaurants and local life, you are part of the enchanting atmosphere of the UNESCO World Heritage precinct by simply stepping outside the doors of the hotel. Neither a standard hotel nor a guesthouse, we strive to bring you the perfect synergy of both. Ideally located in between the mighty Mekong and Namkhan Rivers, a short walk to the heritage listed temples Wat Nong and Wat Xieng Thong as well as the Royal Palace are surrounded the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Villa Laos Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Laos