The location of the hotel is fantastic! The tak bat procession passes by the front doorstep of the hotel; the staff can even arrange for you to participate in handing out sticky rice to the monks (~$2 for 2 containers of sticky rice). The staff can also assist you with arranging for private or group transport down the Mekong to the Pak Ou Caves or a tuk tuk down to Kuangsi Waterfalls. The rooms are comfortable and are the perfect respite after a long day of exploration, elephant riding, and rope swinging into blue waterfall lagoons.
Although the hotel is along a quiet lane, it's only a 15-minute walk to the "downtown" area of the Luang Prabang. I couldn't recommend a better location, staff, or place to stay while visiting this peaceful little town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the UNESCO precinct of Luang Prabang, Lotus Villa is an established boutique hotel with 15 tranquil rooms and 2 suites. Nestled amongst cafes, temples, restaurants and local life, you are part of the enchanting atmosphere of the UNESCO World Heritage precinct by simply stepping outside the doors of the hotel. Neither a standard hotel nor a guesthouse, we strive to bring you the perfect synergy of both. Ideally located in between the mighty Mekong and Namkhan Rivers, a short walk to the heritage listed temples Wat Nong and Wat Xieng Thong as well as the Royal Palace are surrounded the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lotus Villa Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Villa Laos Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Luang Prabang
- Lotus Hotel Laos