“Worst I have stayed in Laos”
Review of Nam Sok Guesthouse

Nam Sok Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Luang Prabang
Nam Sok Guesthouse
Ranked #57 of 69 Hotels in Luang Prabang
“Worst I have stayed in Laos”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I know Laos is generally behind when I comes to tourism but this place was an example of how bad it really gets. Glad I only had one night. Paid well over twenty dollars for what I do not know. No airport pick up which I booked, no refund for taxi. Took 10 mins to find staff upon my arrival, As soon as I did I was mobbed by the staff to get tuk tuk Back to airport the next day for more than what I paid the aircon taxi from airport. No wi-fi in room as stated. Air con in room was average. Room wasn't amazing cleanliness wise. Shower was okay. No TV as stated. Forget the restaurant all together.... No staff could be bothered to move so skipped the breakfast there and went across road where service was brilliant. (So no included breakfast and no discount given). not usually one to complain but yhis place really annoyed me. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank whooshbang

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good value for money, costed 22.5$ during high season (January) as all other guesthouses were more expensieve or very poor. Big room with fan and huge bed, big bathroom with really hot shower. Nice overall, but Wifi stopped working one day and no one could fixed it. We complained to staff few times, but they just tried to persuade us that Wi Fi worked although it wasn't. So we just used Wifi spot from restaraunt across the street

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank _11301
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night, and it was clean, the staff were friendly, and I would stay here again. It wasn't anything special, but the location was perfect, and it was exactly what we were looking for. Great price, and enough beds for all 7 of us.

Room Tip: We had some conflict at the end of our night with the Tuk-Tuk drivers, and would have felt more comf...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Rockingham, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2012

After staying at the Phousi Hotel in town and not being satisfied, we decided to stay at the Nam Sok Guest House for the remaining 4 nights in Luang Probang. Cost was 120,000 Kip($US14) per night for a double room for two people. What we got was a basic clean room, functional bathroom with decent shower, cable TV, free Wi-fi, good a/c, windows with shutters and flyscreens, and a bar fridge. The room was about the same size as we had at the Phousi and a nice large bed. It is only a very short walk to the Mekong River front with all the restaurants and cheap massages. The guesthouse has its own restaurant, or on the opposite corner is a nice little restaurant both with decent prices for breakfast/lunch. Across the road is travel/tour operator with reasonable prices. Just a short stroll to the river front restaurants in one direction and in the opposite direction, the nite markets. Get up early and watch the Buddist monks parade for alms. If I ever return to Luang Probang I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marty_Dibden
Petaling Jaya
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Room is cheap, king size bed - 10usd, with free wifi
Location is good; walking distance to night market and mekong riverside.
Room wasn't clean. No air-con remote in my room; and they didn't have a working one either
The restaurant beside served bad coffee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank aarontanek

Travelers are raving about these Luang Prabang hotels

UK
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed in Nam Sok Guesthouse for 3 nights in August 2011. We paid 70,000 Kip a night for a double room, with a fan, en-suite, hot shower and wi-fi.

The Guesthouse was very good value. We had a very comfy bed in a clean and quiet room. The location of Nam Sok is great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liz C
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Very simple clean guesthouse style hotel in Luang Prabang
Walking distance to the river, Mount Phu Si, lots of shops and restaurants.
Water pressure not great but just shower at off peak times to get water.
Simple egg and french baguette breakfast served in the courtyard.
No complaints. Stayed 2 nights