“Great stay at Apple Guesthouse!”
Review of Apple Guesthouse

Apple Guesthouse
Ranked #14 of 264 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
“Great stay at Apple Guesthouse!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Owner and staff are friendly and willing to help out. Room was clean and well presented and we felt we got good value for money. Location good, a few places for breakfast very near by and walking distance from the markets, temples, restaurants, museum etc. Very happy with our stay!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi guys,
It was nice to have you stay with us and we so happy you enjoyed your stay. The weather has warmed up a bit now so not as cold as it was. We hope the rest of your trip was rewarding and we hope to see you next time you are in Laos.
Take Care
Jimmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights, pre-booked based on reviews from tripadvisor. The guesthouse was clean, and nicely located (but there are >10 other guesthouses in that area)

we didnt get a room as shown in the pictures by other visitors. Our twin room has white walls and dim lights and no wardrobe/desk etc, aside from a TV (so no place to hang yr clothes etc). Also, while Jimmy, the owner, has good english, the day-time reception speaks very basic english. For two times, he even just cut off my line when I asked him questions he does not seem to know the ans. Find that a bit strange...

So I think its a okay place to stay in for a night or two, but I probably wont come back

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hi There,
Yes your room was painted all white as it is our new room and we could not get the wood panelling done before Christmas. Thank you for telling us about the dull light we have now replaced the bulb.
Thanks for your stay sorry you did not tell us about the light when you where here.
cheers
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My first time in Laos and headed directly to Luang Prabang where I stayed at Apple Guesthouse for 6 days. What a great introduction to Laos hospitality! Jimmy and his wife were the ultimate hosts, always there to assist or simply chat. The rooms were clean with a good sense of decor and the guesthouse was perfectly located in town near the river, the night market and other main attractions. Very impressed and can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we would love to see you again sometime soon. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a good review.
We would like to wish you a very special 2014
Jimmy S
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights during December '13, and was very satisfied.
My room - a single ensuite - was spotlessly clean, aesthetic, comfortable and quiet. The guesthouse's location is great - in a lovely alley, a few minutes walk to the night market, Phou Si hill and Wat Xieng Thong. The alms ceremony takes place only a few meters from the guesthouse - very convenient.They offer free coffee, tea and cold water, which is a very nice bonus. And lastly, Jimmy the owner is very friendly and speaks great English (quite uncommon in Laos).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We thank you for your kind words and wish you every happiness for 2014. Hope you get to this part of the world again.
take care
Portland
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Apple Guesthouse ticked all the boxes for me. Great location, clean, recently renovated, value for money and lovely hosts who are always friendly and helpful. As a female solo traveller I felt very comfortable and safe being here.. Well done Jimmy and Nook

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sue l l
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Sue,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review that you have given Apple Guesthouse. On be half of Apple Guesthouse, I appreciate your time and your effort that you put toward this review.

Sue, I am so lucky to meet such a wonderful person like you. You were great helper at my guesthouse while you were with me because I had no one to look after my guesthouse but you helped me out. I also appreciate your help & kindness. Nou & I are talking about you all the time, we miss you because Nou has no teacher so she has no time to study English. She needs you here to teach her English songs hehe. We both are so lucky to meet a fantastic & helpful person like you while my guesthouse haven't opened properly. Now the guesthouse is doing very well and all the guests are happy with almost everything at the guesthouse.

THANK YOU again for your generality and friendliness while you were staying with us. I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to see you again in the near future.
Look forwards to hearing from you soon Sue.

Best Regards
Jimmy & Nou
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed in Luang Prabang before and this guesthouse was much better value compared to the other accommodation we stayed in.

It's only been open a couple of months, so everything seems new, clean and the staff seemed happy for our custom.

The guesthouse is down a side street, there's wooden panelling inside and there is a little balcony upstairs for communal use with free tea and coffee which was a nice touch.

Tip: if you turn the shower nob half way, the shower gets hot.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cluelessduo
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic review that you have given Apple Guesthouse. On be half of Apple Guesthouse, I appreciate your time and your effort that you put toward this review.

"Yes you are right" Apple guesthouse has a lovely communal balcony so every guest could enjoy their cup of tea & coffee. It also has fast internet and WiFi is available in every room as well.

Cluelessduo, My wife and I are very glad to have an opportunity to meet such a wonderful and easy going people like you.
I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Look forwards to hearing from you soon

Warm Regards
Christmas Island, Australia
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed in the apple guest house for 11 days, and we loved every minute of it. They always say the people make a country worthy of visiting, this is why Loas is one of my favourite place to travel. Jimmy, his wife, and the other staff were very helpful and always had a smile on their faces. After 2 days of the stay my girlfriend started to feel unwell. Luckily Jimmy took a lot of time out of his day and took myself and my girlfriend to the hospital. We were so grateful that we found this very welcoming and friendly guest house. It is in a great location and also is very clean. We would recommend it to any one visiting Luang Prabang! Thank u so much Jimmy! And hope u enjoyed your wine!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Ryno,

Thank you so much for your FABULOUS review that you have given to an Apple Guesthouse, on be half of Guesthouse we truly appreciate every moment of your time and your effort that you put toward this review.

Ryno, My wife and I are really really happy to see your REMARKABLE comment that you have given to Apple Guesthouse on the TripAdvisor. We are glad to have an opportunity to take care of an extraordinary people like YOU.

For taking your lovely girlfriend to the hospital that is my first priority as the guesthouse operator. Ryno "No worry" ok, it is my pleasure to do that, It is also my principle to help someone who needs.
My wife, staffs and I enjoyed your Lao traditional foods such as "Streamed chicken with Banana leafs and Maipo Red Wine etc." that you bought for us.

THANK YOU again for your generality and friendliness while you were staying with us. We all feel that, you both are Apple Guesthouse's family members. However by any chance that you come to Laos again please visiting us in Luang prabang. We will sit and drink Beer Lao with sticky rice and BBQ chicken together at a lovely cafe along Mekong River.

Look forwards to hearing from you soon Ryno " KEEP IN TOUCH"

Best Regards