“Lovely place and staff”

Apple Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 259 Luang Prabang B&B and Inns
“Lovely place and staff”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here five nights and liked it a lot! Location is central but still quiet in a nice alley. The owner couple is great and really friendly. There is also a nice balcony with free coffee and tea! Price is cheap for that quality.

• Stayed November 2013
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Tanjasai,

On be half of Apple Guesthouse, I would like to say "THANK YOU SO MUCH" for your review. We all appreciate what you have rated for us. We are sorry if we have done not good enough for you while you were staying with us, we hope to do more for your next return and would improve all the weak points those indicating at the guesthouse. All over all, we are very happy for your review.

Warm Regards
Jimmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Korean first
Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at Apple Guest House for about a week in October 2013. The place had just reopened, so all the rooms were new, spacious and clean, and really good value!
It's located in the old town, just meters from the Mekong. Great location with lots of good riverside restaurants nearby, and just one block from the main street.
Jimmy, the owner is really friendly and helpful, and speaks perfect english. I felt very welcome in this place, and it will be my number one choice when I return to Luang Prabang.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Vegar,

Thank you so much for your excellent review that you have given Apple Guesthouse, on be half of Apple Guesthouse I appreciate every minute of your time and your effort that you put toward this review.
Vegar, My wife and I are really really happy to see your fabulous comment on the TripAdvisor and we are glad to hear that you had good time while you were staying at the guesthouse. I really hope Apple Guesthouse would have an opportunity to see you again in the future.

Look forwards to hearing from you soon Vegar " miss you my friend"

Warm Regards
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a lovely looking guesthouse with a great location but it is definitely more expensive than it should be.

Our double room was tiny, the water shut off for much of one day and the cable tv kept malfunctioning (when you are paying for such things it is nice to have them work). Although they were willing to give us a small discount for these troubles. The beds were not comfortable.

We had wanted to book some tours and a bus onward through the guesthouse. The staff were indeed very friendly and tried to be helpful but they didn't speak english very well so we decided to wait to discuss it with the owner. We ended up waiting three days because every time we asked for him, he was out on some errand or away for the day.

Also, for what we were paying, we would expect our room to be made up daily, our bathroom cleaned and the garbage taken out, but this was not the case. We had to ask for more toilet paper when it ran out and for the garbage to be delt with (considering what goes in bathroom bin this was quite gross). By the end of our 5 night stay there was mold accumulating in the bathroom sink.

The general sentiment is in the title of this review. The place looks lovely and charming but looks aren't everything. There are much better values out there.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice looking with windows.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kelcie Y
Jimmy S, Owner at Apple Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Kelcie Y,

First of all, I would like to say Thank you for your review that you given to Chanthanome Guesthouse. Kelcie, I totally understand your frustration and stressful feeling when you need information but you could not get it right away.

Anyway, Luang Prabang has no Chanthanome Guesthouse that you have stayed anymore. I, Jimmy have bought that guesthouse and changed the name to Apple Guesthouse so i'm a new owner and manager. I have done major renovation and built 3 more rooms and improved most of facility in the guesthouse. Even though internet, i have upgraded to high speed internet and add more router into the building so you can surf internet inside the bedrooms and anywhere around the building I also purchased LED TVs for every room upstair and changing new beds for some room etc. I am sure it will be better than previous owner managing the guesthouse you stayed last time. I have heard a previous owner could not speak any English.

By any chance you come to Luang Prabang please come to say hello. My name is Jimmy, I am an owner/manger of Apple Guesthouse. I have graduated University degree from Thailand so I could speak English quite ok "no worry" I can have a conversation with you when you come to visit me next time. I will try to answer any questions you would like to ask as much as i can.
Apple Guesthouse was born in 25/08/2013, now it fully open for tourist who come to visit Luang Prabang. The door of the guesthouse is opened for everyone please come and stay with us.

Look forwards to meeting you in the near future

Best Regards