What a wonderful relaxing place to be in. Our room was No 14, next to Tamarind, but we were not bothered by any noise other than the usual street noise. Huge walk-in shower. Two lovely generous sized soaps, plus shower, shampoo and body lotion. Flannels, tissues, a fridge, what more could you want. The bed was comfortable, not quite as hard as we have previously experienced. Two chairs outside meant we could watch the World go by. The street is one way so this helped cut down on traffic volumes and noise.
Breakfast was excellent, different fresh fruits each day, wonderful home made jams with hot crunchy baguette, a choice of eggs with bacon, muesli (wonderful), soup etc. etc. great chef! We enjoyed lunch an dinner on different days.
Wi-fi worked in the room, sometimes better than others but you could go through to the lounge area.
So central you can walk to the night market, Temple, Wats, Royal Palace Museum.
All the staff are really helpful here and go out of their way to make your stay a special one. We loved the hotel and if we venture back to L.P. We shall certainly stay here. I can't recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang