We booked the Apsara based on TripAdvisor reviews and we can only repeat the positive reviews already given for this hotel. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms which had a balcony overlooking the street below. Our room was charming and both air conditioning and a ceiling fan kept it cool. The bathroom was clean and a good size.
The balcony outside the main reception/dining area was a great, cool place to watch the world go by and we enjoyed quite a few cocktails and cool drinks during our stay.
The breakfasts were adequate and well presented with fresh fruit, baguettes and tropical jams which were made daily apparently. Eggs could be cooked in a variety of ways if you wanted them.
The one addition we would have liked would have been tea and coffee making facilities in our room. An early morning cup of tea before heading out to watch the monks' procession would have been welcome and as we both had tummy bugs while staying it would have been nice to have been able to boil up some water ourselves and not have to phone for it to be delivered.
We did enjoy our stay at the Apsara and we loved Luang Prabang. We hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang