This is a clean, comfortable boutique hotel with old world character in a good location. It is near the main shopping street and nearby restaurants. The night market is a 10 minute walk away. More distant locations are only a tuk tuk drive away. We stayed in a Deluxe River View room on the first floor which was quite large with a small balcony. As part of the old world charm there are wooden shutters on the balcony doors and windows and polished wooden floor boards. The interior furniture is in dark timber finish to match the old world feel. The bed is slightly firm but comfortable. The room has a safe and mini fridge and complimentary drinking water and wifi is provided. There isn’t any tea and coffee making facilities but it is easy to get one downstairs. There is also no TV which didn't seem to be a problem. The shower has adequate water flow and good temperature control. The bath and vanity taps do seem to have reduced flow but we were able to have a bath and use the vanity as required. The room has an air conditioner and a ceiling fan. Mosquitoes do get into the rooms if you open the doors and windows. Breakfast was not a buffet but was supplied fresh from a menu and included juice, fruit, eggs (fried, scrambled, omelets), bacon and toasted baguette with excellent home made jam and tea or coffee. The staff were friendly and will genuinely try their best to assist you with your questions or arrange tours if you require.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first and still one of the most beautiful boutique hotels in Luang Prabang, the Apsara was originally a rice warehouse situated on the banks of the Nam Khan [The quieter side of town]. The Apsara is also right in the heart of the heritage village, making it the perfect place to stay. From the comfort of its large, airy bedrooms, rated by the Washington Post as "an inch beyond decadence", it's easy to explore temples and the lanes of Luang Prabang. After which you can relax on the river terrace and enjoy the spectacular views and a refreshing Beer Laos. But that's not all, our restaurant is well known for having one of the most interesting menus in town as well as a superb wine list and the driest martinis in Laos. As Hip Hotels said "Both the restaurant and bar reflect a refined sense of taste" and who are we to argue with that. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Apsara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang
- Apsara Luang Prabang
- Apsara Hotel Luang Prabang