The Satri House was the place to stay even though it was much more expensive than other comparable hotels. The place was more a house than a hotel. In a way it went well with the town of Luang Prabang since two of them set the mood back by decades in time. Our group of four drove there in our SUV and spent two nights in Luang Prabang before heading back to Bangkok via Vang Vieng and Viengthein. Therefore our highlight of the whole trip was in Luang Prabang. The highlight of our activities was the offering food to Buddhist monks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang