My husband and I loved Satri House and have recommended it to everyone we know who is on their way to Luang Prabang.. The property used to belong to one of the last of the Royal family and it has been beautifully renovated and updated to serve as a boutique hotel. It is run by a gracious and elegant lady who made sure we were super comfortable. I loved the fact that the buildings had lemongrass oil lamps as mosquito repellants. Although I normally hate scented environments, this was different; the lemongrass felt natural and was not at all intrusive. The grounds are beautifully designed - lots of nooks in which one can relax and read a book, under ceiling fans. It was calming to sit beside the lotus pond in one of gazebos. Satri House is decorated with antiques -- beautiful old sculptures, ornate lamps, and gorgeous furniture. Breakfast was delicious. Although its in the center of everything, once you step through the gate of Satri House, it feels as though you are transported back in time, light years away from modern day Asia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang