Satri House
$125
$90
Kiridara Luang Prabang(Luang Prabang)
$99
$84
Agoda.com
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
$98
$46
$86
$83
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

$298
Belmond La Residence Phou Vao(Luang Prabang)
$410
All reviewsbeautiful hotelroyal residencejunior suiteantique furniturenight markettuk tukpoolside barseparate toilethomemade jamsold coloniallush gardensboutique hotelin townan oasislao dishesfour poster bedpool side
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We first saw this hotel next to "The Apsara" in the "HIP HOTELS: ORIENT" book, the second hotel in Luang Prabang features there. We chose to stay there and have been surprised. We liked it more than the Apsara.

The hotel is like a museum where you can live and sleep, the staff is very friendly and you wouldn't expect such a nice place in the area.

I this this hotel is underestimated and you can get a very impressive taste of what Lao history looks like.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I would agree with all of the above posts. It's not going to be the nicest place you'll stay, but it did have a certain "quaintness" about it. Now, the strange part. We tried to find hotel personal the night before we checked out to settle any bills/questions, etc. We had gone to the night market, but were back at the hotel around 9:30pm and could not find anyone working. The next morning, we had to catch a boat around 7:00am, so we left Satri around 6:45am. The man working that morning said that everything was OK in terms of our departure (he even ordered us a tuk tuk). My friend, who booked the hotel, had already given them her credit card number, etc. when booking the room. Anyway, we get on our cruise boat and at the cruise boat's first stop, the manager/owner of the Satri House had FOLLOWED us to the first stop complaining that we didn't pay her! It was the craziest thing we had ever heard. Then, she said that we had to pay for her speed boat fare and tuk tuk to get to the speed boat--to stalk us down!!! We could not believe it! She said that the man back at the hotel didn't know what he was doing and because he didn't know what he was doing, it was all our fault!!! My friend and I have traveled all of SE Asia and never had anything like this happen before. I would absolutely not stay here!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank jenniferbwest
Reviewed October 11, 2007

A beautiful old house nestled in a miniature tropical forest, furnished with antiques. It's a short walk from the town center, which makes it blissfully quiet without being too far out. The swimming pool is a unique and much appreciated feature. Breakfast is exceptionally good. The owners speak both english and french. Well worth the stay.

• Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed June 30, 2007

After having read some less than appealing reviews on tripadvisor I considered cancelling my reservation - yet I am so glad I didn't. I stayed in Satri House together with my 2 children (12 and 14) for 10 days and we really loved it. Yes, it is a bit run down, but that, together with the beautiful colours and ecclectic furniture is part of the charm. The children enjoyed the pool and roamed around the city on foot and bike, while I worked with a collegue and thus spend most of my time in the shade in front of a laptop. Keo, who manages the property gave the children Lao lessons and organised all kinds of little extras, such as preparing the food for the morning offering to the monks or improvising a lunch on the premises. We very much felt at home in this informal place.
Joana Breidenbach, Berlin

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank joanab
Reviewed January 8, 2007

I spent 5 days last Christmas at the Satri House and for me it was a great experience. I guess it could look to some people old and run-down but for me this was the beauty of the place. No, it is not the perfectly renovated colonial villa that almost looks like a wedding cake; no, it does not have the sharp service and plastic friendliness of the standard 5 star facilities which intends to make you feel good by making you feel important... But it has character, warmth, style, originality and it's not pretentious. My only complaint would be that there was not enough hot water the first couple of days but the problem was taken care of when I mentioned it to the proprietress. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple