We stayed at Satri House on the recommendation of colleagues and we were not disappointed. As noted below, my husband and I traveled with my mother and 2 children (almost 2 and 3.5) and while I was worried about the "child friendliness" of the place, I shouldn't have. Our rooms were beautiful and one of the best parts (apart from the quiet and gardens) was the blockout shutters which had us all sleeping late - very rare with 2 small people.
Breakfast was limited and ordered from a menu but so tasty - although I wish I hadn't waited until the last morning for the soup. The bread basket full of toast, plain croissants and pain au chocolat was very tasty. We only ate in one night but the food was beautiful.
Staff were very attentive and accomodating - moving us from the restaurant to our room when our youngest wouldn't settle on the 1st night, ordering tuk tuks, and booking a car for us to visit the waterfalls.
A foot massage in the pavillion was very good - although a little short and it seemed there were no always spa staff on standby.
The gardens and pool are beautiful and the boys loved the parrot and owls.
Location slightly out of town but a flat 10 minute walk or a 5 minute tuk tuk ride.
We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang