The place was the palace of one of the royal members of Laos. The architect and interior were giving you the feeling of being in the 40-50s. Wood furniture, hard floor, antiques decoration. It was located a bit far from the tourist spots but hat was not a problem. The hotel provided bicycles for free. We rode them everyday to browse the temples and tourist attractions all days and nights.
They served great breakfast. Also dinner. We agreed that it was the only place that served food and drinks with good taste ever since we came to Luang Prabang.
The staff was nice. Particularly those at the dining room. I enjoyed taking hotel pictures at night too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Satri House was built at the turn of the last century as the residence of Prince Souphanouvong. This building owns to Unesco Heritage. Satri House was refurbished in 2002 by Mrs. Lamphoune Voravongsa and has been run since as a hotel. During 2008 and 2012 the hotel has been enlarged with the addition of more colonial style buildings consisting of 14 Deluxe rooms, 14 junior suites and 3 Satri House suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Satri House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Satri House Hotel Luang Prabang
- Satri Hotel Luang Prabang