This is our first review on Tripadvisor as we don;t normally bother but the impeccable service deserved acknowledgement. We spent 4 nights in the Mountain Suite and it was worth every cent.
The room was nice, bed was super comfortable and the setting was very romantic. Our needs were anticipated and cheerfully acceded to. We had a problem with an independent adventure tour operator (White Elephant Adventures) and even though the tour rep was abusive and lacked professionalism, the hotel staff tried their best to resolve the problem. We only found out later that the hotel would not have recommended them (apparently Tiger Trails and Green Discovery are the ones to go with!), too late for us unfortunately!
Our final night pool side dinner was especially memorable. Food was one of the best in Luang Prabang especially the mains. They set up a portable brazier beside each table which was great as we were dining outdoors in 12 degree temp. The setting beside the main pool overlooking the Phousi temple was magical! And once again the service staff made the difference between a good and great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned atop a hill, gazing across the sacred mountains, Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao is an unforgettable place to stay. Its calm, tranquil ambiance echoes that of sleepy World Heritage town of Luang Prabang - former royal capital of Laos - spread out below. Designed in a traditional style, this intimate hotel is gemmed with teak, silk and fresh cotton accents. The hotel's Phou Savanh restaurant is famed for its wonderful French-influenced local cuisine while Doc Champa bar offers guests a range of Laotian and classic cocktails. The award-winning Mekong Spa blends ancient techniques with modern understanding to ensure complete indulgence and well-being and is the first luxury spa in Luang Prabang, Laos. Furthermore the hotel offers a gym, boutique, tours & excursion desk, meeting room and organic garden with cooking class area. The hotel's 34 suites are elegantly furnished with emphasis on local styles and materials. The combination of parquet and traditional Lao textiles creates an immediate sense of peace and space in all suites. Large windows provide plenty of natural light and open onto the exotic gardens. A conveniently arranged terrace offers privacy, comfort and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Belmond, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Belmond La Residence Phou Vao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Phou Vao By Orient-Express Hotel Luang Prabang
- La Residence Phou Vao Hotel
- La Residence Phou Vao Resort