Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Tad Sae Waterfall
All reviews elephant village zip lining dry season boat ride elephant bathing small boat long boat water flow rainy season tuk tuk an adventure across the river rope swing beautiful falls kuang si falls entrance fee elephants
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Took a tuk tuk from LPG then a short boat trip which took us close to the entrance. We started walking up the path and an elephant was walking down it, that was an unexpected encounter, but great! And to see another elephant paddling in one of the pools was good, too. Just hope they’re well looked after. The area around waterfall 1 was busy with cafes and tourists but as soon as you start the walk to waterfalls 2 and 3 you hardly see anyone. The paths were slippery in places and at times a little challenging to walk, but it was fabulous to get away from other visitors and feel you have the falls to yourself.

Reviewed 3 days ago

It may be slightly less impressive than Kuang Si Waterfalls, but this is more than compensated for by the fact that the pleasant 5 minute boat trip to get there eliminates the hoarded of tourists that are deposited by coach and vans. Walk round the outside for an hour or so and have a refreshing bathe in the pool at the bottom.
Some wonderful spots to eat also, over the flowing water. I much preferred this spot to Kuang Si.
Also elephants to see too However, they are for riding, which should be a no no if you care about these animals.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Fabulous to see and swim at the falls, Refreshing and not so crowded.

don't be taken in by the elephants there. Poorly looked after basket rides are cruel and they use hooks on their ears.
Go to the elephant village instead

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This is the next famous waterfall after the Kuangsi waterfall. Less crowded and for those who enjoy a swim, Tad Sae is a recommended choice as it’s not as deep. Parts of the waterfall area is still in its very natural condition. We found a trail further in and was thrilled by the beautiful green and clear water there.

Reviewed 4 days ago

A great place to visit, not far from Luang Prabang. Enjoyable short boat trip to the falls, and a beautiful encounter with elephants who walk through the falls. Definitely one of the highlights of my Laos visit.

Reviewed 1 week ago

In the beginning It looked as a family friendly' commercialised' elephants and waterfall area, but there's in addition an enjoyable jungle to stroll through past the' elephants area' (bring hiking shoes and towel/swimming suit). In case you continue walking you are able to achieve the elephant village. The foods we'd was great and value for money. Nice opportunities and scenery for photographing nature

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Beautiful turquoise water. Hidden gem. Not too crowded like Kwang Xi waterfall. Definitely must visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This's the sole waterfall I watched in Luang Prabang, and also it was a part of our elephant tour - though I am able to say it has among the very best I have noticed. The water was clear, clean, and beautiful. The temperature was cool, though you would might adjust to it. My kids literally played on the stones and in the bath for 1/2 hours before I made them get away. it is my understanding that during a great part of the entire year It is dry, and by earlier reviews I realize that often there is an excess of water so ensure and also inquire when before you go. We hiked right down to the bottom together with the tour of ours, though you can simply have a lovely hike up also. We payed the thirteen dolars to bathe the elephants that had been an enjoyable experience. I did not really feel they were negatively treated personally. They were chained up, but these elephants are accustomed to a much tougher life hauling logs so I am certain they do not care about all of the treats and also bath time.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I did an abbreviated 2 day trek with Tiger Trails to a couple of villages, a homestay overnight, and had an amazing experience, followed by a most welcomed and refreshing swim at Tad Sae. It was a tremendous cultural immersion, and one that I would highly recommend to anyone open to new experiences! My guide Soi spoke very good English, provided a ton of cultural information and answered my endless questions. I’m pushing 60, not in great physical shape and was able to mange this trek without difficulty - and had the waterfall as my “treat” at the end!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic day there
Swimming in the cold water. We arrived by small boat. A short walk in to the falls and ponds. The food on offer at restaurant was poor to fair.
Lots of local kid's enjoying the sun and swimming