“Outrageously overpriced”

Passa Paa
Ranked #18 of 24 Shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Located in a traditional half wooden half concrete house in the old quarter of Luang Prabang our store sells a collection of handmade, unique and contemporary products that range from interior, art, fashion and lifestyle. Products combine a mix of hand woven silk, hemp and leather applique. Working from our Laos studio underneath the store we seek to combine traditional Lao textiles with a modern aesthetic by exploring new materials, compositions and techniques. Whilst visiting the shop you can arrange to view the studio below and meet the makers.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Lovely products, but $108 US for a scarf........ Really? No one greeted us or even cared that we were really there.

1  Thank jillsydneyaustralia
PassaPaa, Manager at Passa Paa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We value your feedback and sincerely apologise that you had a bad experience whilst in our shop, we are addressing this situation immediately. We are currently in a state of transition with our shop and studio where we are in the process of combining our screen-print workshop and store in one location in town. Had you had the correct customer attention we feel you would understand our products and prices better and hopefully appreciate the work we are doing here in Laos with local and regional skills and handicrafts. If you are still in Luang Prabang we would love the opportunity to offer you a preview of our studio and the creative work we are doing here. We are available between 3-5pm daily and located in a beautiful traditional Lao wooden building next door to the 3Nagas Hotel. My name is Heather and if I happen not to be there then my studio assistant Miss Got is more than happy to explain our work to you. Many thanks and once again our sincere apologies.

There are newer reviews for Passa Paa

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What I love most about Passa Paa is that it's one of a kind. It's a unique design that you won't find anywhere else and because it's hand made and not mass produced, it's also exclusive (while being reasonably priced). By now, I have a tote bag, a handbag, a purse and a silk scarf from Passa Paa and I love them all. The tote bag was the first item I purchased. I use this bag ALL THE TIME. I've taken it in the rain, beach etc. and it has held up exceptionally. After a year, I decided it was time to wash the bag, given how I'd handled it. Just washed it with soap and water and took a leather conditioner to the base and handles and the bag was as good as new! I really appreciate it when products are well made and will definitely recommend any of their products to anyone else that appreciates good quality, hand made, unique products. If you are in Luang Prabang, you have to visit this shop. I can guarantee that you'll take your bag home to all kinds of compliments from friends!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Beautiful and simple designs on great material. The quality of the product is high and very well made and durable. Each design is inspired by traditional prints from the different Tribes in Lao. The modern designs definitely stand out and is easy to match with different clothing. Each is handmade and you can really see the attention to detail. Also love how raw and handmade each piece looks, giving it a very unique and personalized feel to each product.