“Just lovely”
Review of Shompoo Cruise

Shompoo Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Shompoo Cruise organize 2 days Mekong Cruise from Luang Prabang to Thai border and Vice-versa on board of our comfortable boats.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Shompoo cruise is charming and elegant without ever becoming pretentious. Food is really good, kind and efficient staff and lots of space. I use it several times a year,...for me it turns a mere journey into a short holiday
ALAN

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Compared to all the other boats, the Shampoo Cruise has the nicest boat: there is nothing ugly on board and the materials used (wood and fabrics) are tasteful and match the local style. The staff was very helpful and spoiled us as much as they could. What they produced in the kitchen, was tasty and ample. Wonderful experience and a great way to explore the country side and to contemplate. There is hardly a nicer way of starting or ending your vacation in Laos.

2  Thank SabineBaden
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

This was a great expierence, we met alot of people, the boat was great and well thought out, it even had a 'sun roof'. The tour guide spoke very good English and you could even joke around with him. He was also very knowledgable; about the villages and caves and in general about Laos. The lunch provided was traditional Lao food which was amazing! Just watch out for the chillis!
This was defiantly a great expierence and not too pricey either.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked this cruise on a solo trip going from Huay Xai to Luang Prabang. The guide met me on the Laos side of the border crossing and helped me sort out the visa on arrival, then I joined the group to be taken to our boat.

The boat was just like the pictures I saw in reviews here, with big lounge benches in the front on a sun deck that I was able to stretch out on for most of the ride. The group was not huge, only about 14 people, so we could sit very comfortably and not too crowded. There were also a few stops along the way so we wouldn't all get too bored just looking at the river all day (although I probably could have, the views are beautiful!). Bathrooms on the boat were surprisingly clean. Food for lunch was well prepared and there was plenty of it, as well as complementary tea/coffee. In Luang Prabang everyone was shuttled to their hotels for free.

I would highly recommend this cruise and will certainly do it again if I find myself going to Laos in the future.

1  Thank aeh50226
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We took the Shompoo Cruise from Luang Prabang to Houay Xai. We haven't done the trip any other way, so it is hard to compare, but it was stress free and relaxing (especially because we had pre-booked accommodation in Pak Beng through Shompoo). The food was pretty good (although the pre-packed breakfast from Mekong River Lodge was not a highlight) and we saw plenty of interesting things along the way.