“jewelry class”

Garden of Eden Shop
Ranked #7 of 24 Shopping in Luang Prabang
More attraction details
Owner description: Make Your Own jewelry. Free Jewelry Making Class, learn how to stitch, weave, embroidery and more techniques,relaxed atmosphere in the garden, that are sure to provide any participant with a unique experience Kop Jai!!!
Reviewed March 20, 2014

we crossed the bridge after we saw a small sign about the shop and we wanted to see what is about. there we met Nik, a young and friendly girl with excellent English. she told us that the class is free and we have to pay only for the materials. it took a while till we decided what we want to make but Nik was there to guide us through. we started working and each of us got Nik's full attention and creative input that helped us reach the desired outcome.
It was really satisfying to create something of our own (whether it was of our own idea or based on something in Nik's shop) in a reasonable price, and of course accompanied by the wonderful Nik!
if you would like to arrange in advance you can send an email - nicklpb@ymail.com or call 071410456

1  Thank adtravler
There are newer reviews for Garden of Eden Shop

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stumbled upon this place when a tuk tuk driver dropped me off by Dyen Sabia. I was wanting to visit somewhere "authentic" and was thinking of walking 2km to the weaving village on the east side of town, south side of the river.

But the sign for jewelery making classes caught my eye and I also liked how this place was sort of carved out of the scenery. We looked around and spoke to the husband who was staffing the store. He called his wife, Nic- who had been out doing errands.

When she arrived she took us on the back balcony and we had already selected what pieces we wanted to make. It took longer than we envisioned, as I had a hard time getting the hang of crocheting, but she was VERY patient. We were there for probably 2 hours and got to meet their friends.

I ended up buying the piece I liked, and making a donation for the piece I made (she had invested quite a bit of time into helping us). Nic speaks excellent English, and even with a US accent when she does so, which was helpful as we don't speak Laotian. She told us a bit about how her and her husband got the store started and how they live underneath (the store being the top floor).

When we left, we commented that we felt like we got to enter the home and life of a typical citizen in LP and how wonderful it was. This place is a bit hidden (across the bridge) and so it probably doesn't get as much foot traffic as it deserves. So you will need to make a point of going in their, but if you enjoy crafts and supporting the local artists- it is more than worth your time. This store and people deserve your support.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spend a good 2 hours here making a nice ring. I loved the atmosphere and the staff. you can just pick a piece of jewelry from their shop and try to copy it or make your own piece. It is a bit challenging but the staff are very patient. moreover, their english is great. If you don't have time to make it yourself, you can also have a piece custom made by them. highly recommended!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Walk across the bamboo bridge to the other side of the river and reach this cute little shop! The managers speak English and are as sweet as can be! We bought some jewellery there, some is hand-made by the owner who was not there, and some of the jewellery is stocked from other places, I think 70 percent is made by the owner possibly. The metal jewellery is not hand made at this time, but may be soon. The couple who manage the store are friendly, informative and make the experience a nice break from other shopping. We even got to share a bite of their "sticky rice" which I love! Thanks so much!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is not just a jewelry store it is a social experience. Absolutely stop in and sit down for a visit. Make a bracelet and enjoy the company . The couple that runs the shop are absolutely wonderful! If you come to Luang Prabang come by relax, buy some jewelry and be creative!