Lakhangthong Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Muang Thong Hotel(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
Treasure Hotel Laos(Luang Prabang)
Satri House(Luang Prabang)
  • Breakfast included
Maison Dalabua Hotel(Luang Prabang)
L'hotel Souvannaphoum(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
Le Sen Boutique Hotel(Luang Prabang)
Amantaka(Luang Prabang)
View Hotel
All reviewsbanana pancakesnight marketnice bathwalls are thindark woodback packersmarket areastayed here for nightsfree airport transferfree bicyclesmin walklight sleeperevery morningbeautiful roomfriendly hotelin south east asiaclean bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Staying at Lakhangthong was a great decision. The first thing that I noticed is that the hotel was very clean and the decor suited the small town atmosphere. The room I stayed in was quite comfortable. The hotel is close enough to all of the things Luang Prabang has to offer (walking distance to the night market, Mount Phousi, restaurants, tour agencies, etc.) but far enough to allow for a good night's sleep. The staff was very kind and helpful with answering my transportation related questions. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was excited to stay at this hotel for a few nights in Luang Prabang, and extremely disappointed when I arrived after having booked online and I was told by the owner "Didn't you get my email? You've been moved to a different hotel.". I did not get any email, but agreed to see the other hotel, which was basically a small dirty room with three twin beds squeezed into it (Villa Kheng Kham was the name of the other hotel). Then, the Villa Kheng Kham charged me double what they had told me it would cost when I checked in.

I can't speak for the quality of the rooms. I hear they are lovely, but I will never know. I can only speak for the service I received. Apparently, due to the crowds for the Chinese New Year the owner was booking more space than he had. Hotels should not make themselves available for booking online if they can't follow through and provide a room. The owner was very polite during all this, and agreed to let me cancel the other nights I had booked, but it really ruined my first day in town as I had to walk around and try to find another place to stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank aeh50226
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We reserved one of the least expensive rooms at this hotel in November, for a trip in January Apparently all the more expensive rooms were already reserved. Our reservation stated we were reserved at The Lakhangthong Boutique Hotel. When we arrived we were given some tasty fruit to eat while the owner searched for the reservations. Apparently, the owner informed us, we had NOT reserved there, this was "a very expensive hotel" and our reservation was at a cheaper hotel, which he luckily owns as well, the Lakhangthong Backpackers Hostel, down the road. I made the reservation through Hostelz.com and they confirmed that we WERE booked into the Boutique Hotel. Before the staff moved us, there was a lot of loud conversation at the desk and then the employee, who seemed to "know the drill" took us down the street to the Lakhangthong Villa, (Backpacker place) The Backpacker place was an OK plac to stay, but now anywhere near what I thought we were getting, The owner has a scam going methinks. . .
The property seemed great, but I am rating it one because of the emotional stress we were caused, and the feeling of being "ripped off" .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank arby1942
Reviewed February 4, 2014

What a delightful hotel. A mere 10 min walk from the Mekom or the Night Market. The staff starting with the owner and his charming wife, through the World's greatest waiter to the cooks and cleaning ladies NOTHING is too much trouble. Everything is accompanied with a smile.
The upper floor at the back is the quietest. Biggest plus was a king-size bath.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gisela B
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I can't say enough about how friendly, helpful and wonderful the staff was at Lakhangthong Hotel. They gave us a great map, recommended massage places & restaurants, made reservations, waited on us hand and foot and recommended a great side trip (2 nights in Nong Khiew and Muang Ngoi).

Breakfasts were wonderful, especially the chicken noodle soup! My husband & I stayed 5 nights in the downstairs corner Superior room #9 and my mom was above us in a Deluxe room. Her room was slight bigger with an extra armoire and better location for less noise although she had neighbors on either side that were very noisy. Rooms were nice and clean but a bit dark since we kept the doors closed for privacy since we were right on the street. No rod for hanging clothes in armoire so I hung hangers from curtains :) Mini fridge was stocked daily with free water which was appreciated.

The walls are VERY thin and together with the street noise (dogs, scooters, neighbors) can make it very noisy at night so bring ear plugs but I think that is most places in L.P.

Wifi is strong from common area but does not work in the room.

I definitely recommend Tamarind, Joy's and Blue Lagoon restaurant as well as the waterfall trip, renting bikes to ride to "Paper Village" and if you have the time, 2 nights in Muang Ngoi (stay at Nicksa bungalows).

Room Tip: #9 is on the corner downstairs so less neighbor noise but lots of street noise. Little privacy which doors shutters are open so you have to choose b/w privacy or sunlight BUT you do have a little balcony and ability to open many doors to the room for air.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple